Thread: Action Plugins

Default Action Plugins

Is there a 3 QLineEdit maximum for action plugins? I modified the example plugin to include 2 additional QLineEdit's and only the first 3 seem to working even though they are all coded identically, with the exception of a 3 and 4 as an index number.

There is no limit that we intentionally added. Can you post your code?
    Ron
    No support through PM

See attached.
    plugin.zip

Thanks for that. I cannot see where you had this plugin installed in your Girder directory. But I believe you were loading the UI of the existing example plugin. This only has 2 QEditLine boxes. Thus the error.

I've moved all the paths in your plugin to examples\plugin2 so extract it there, make sure to remove the old one. I'm going to check if I can use relative paths in the JS file,.. not sure if possible but I'm checking.

Additionally (and you coudn't really know this) actions have 3 of each, sValue1, sValue2, and sValue3. iValue1, iValue2 and iValue3, bValue1, bValue2 and bValue3. All of these regardless of their prefix (s, i or b) store strings. The names are a hold over from Girder 3 days.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ron
    No support through PM

Thanks. I modified my plugin to use the names sValue1, sValue2, and sValue3, iValue1 and the fourth item now works. So does this mean that each action is limited to 9 variables? I don't need anymore than that, just curious.

Yep but you could always serialize some data to for example JSON. That way you can go virtually unlimited.
    Ron
    No support through PM