Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Error starting Girder6 on Raspberry Pi

Just a thought that I had here. If you are running headless you probably want to run the Girder Service not main Girder executable which has dependencies on X as you've no doubt noticed by now. Just Run the main Girder once to install the license and go from there.

I'll look into re-introducing an event for Girder shutdown. The problem of course is that by the time Girder knows it should shutdown things will shutdown rather fast. I could delay shutdown for processing of this event but I'm not sure I like that. Anyway I'll be thinking about this one.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Thanks. I can't worry about running headless until I get my transports converted and running. If the transport manager is gone, what takes it's place?

Does the shutdown/reset process have any safeguards (like not allowing an open/locked file) that could be exploited for this?? Or what if...the event required the action to return 'ready' before shutdown/reset? That way if it doesn't exist it wouldn't cause a delay, if it didn't return anything, an option to proceed? (similar to how operating systems shutdown processes).

You don't need the transport manager. Simply instantiate your objects either directly or create a device manager object.

The direct instantiation is documented in the manual. Scripting/transport/PIO-1 Example.

You can find examples for the device manager in the Girder Lua tree,.. again the PIO-1 plugin in the Lua tree shows how to do this as well. But direct instantiation is easiest if you don't need to expose any objects to the device manager.

I'm thinking about the best way to approach the shutdown message bit,..
    Ron
    No support through PM

Starting with Girder 6.0.0.42 we'll have a publisher object located at gir.shutdownNotifier and a boolean that is set to true on script shutdown at gir.girderClosing. That should address your issues I hope.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123