Thread: How to create an event in x seconds P

Default How to create an event in x seconds P

I guess I need lua for this;

An event is trigged, that reassign many remote-control buttons to other use.
    This is done by enabling/disabling another groups. (so they can handle any imminent input)
    -after 5 sec, I need to trigger another event, that resets to default groups.

Wait is not an option, as other execution during wait is impossible, so I think there's a way to use LUA to fire off one event after 5 sec ?

Personally I would construct this with a simple timer action that triggers macro 1 on start and triggers macro 2 on timeout.

Macro 1 has two actions: 1 enable node and 2 disable node. The enable the action group that should be active during the 5 seconds, the disable action disable the group that should normal active.

Marco 2 has two actions: 1 disable and 2 enable node. The disable action disable the 5 second group and enables the normal groups.

F12 switches to "Shifted" / aka 5 second active group.
    F11 is an action that shifts it's behaviour from printing "SHIFTED" to "NORMAL"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron; January 2nd, 2014 at 09:24 AM.
    Ron
    No support through PM

BTW. Wait in Girder 6 is asynchronous and other processing DOES happen during a wait. So that is another option.
    Ron
    No support through PM

solved by using "simpletimer"

BTW: sorry, posted to Girder6 thread, having Girder5 .

My entertainment system is still MediaPortal on windows, I am not likely to upgrade to Girder6, this is the only computer in my home and company running windows. It's just a matter of time before I get rid of that too, and are 100% on Linux, It had less time to meke MythTV + automation work equally good - partially due to the lack of Girder for Linux, wich would save lots of work, simply by keeping the logic I have in place, instead of moving to bash/LUA

hoping to see Girder for an reliable and trustworthy (in these days) OS once - Currently my only Windows computer /(with Girder) runs in it's own DMZ with only IPv4 to certain other resources.

Glad it's solved!

Girder 6 for desktop Linux is coming soon!
    Ron
    No support through PM

neat ! - that's the best news for a long time, that will make the transition much, much, more simple.

Yeah, it's very cool. The hard work has been done since Girder already runs on the Raspi Debian distribution.
    Ron
    No support through PM