Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NetRemote Dynamic

Default NetRemote Dynamic

For those of you that have dabbled with the new NetRemote you've undoubtedly found that it offers a very power and flexible base to build your interface designs on. As with Girder we like power to control every aspect of our automation system.

Of course not everyone wants to learn QML and puzzle away at how to do something. That's why we've added NetRemote Dynamic. This is a QML page that can be edited inline! No more QML or text editors, just point and click. We've recorded a video showing you what it can do.

http://vimeo.com/promixis/netremotedynamic

Get Girder version 6.0.0.61 for that.
    Last edited by Ron; April 23rd, 2014 at 11:58 AM.
    Ron
    No support through PM

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks Ron, I think you do a great job with Girder and also supporting your customers.

You are welcome and thanks for the kind words!
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ron,

Have enjoyed playing with Netremote Dynamic. There's a lot of functionality from the start. Just a couple of questions:

1) Mapping keystrokes to buttons. Using multiple UI pages that can be controlled by "soft switches" (with differing function dependent on the UI page you're in), is a big advantage over doing keyboard driven events within the girder "tree" - takes away a lot of group enables/disables. I drove my car PC (with an encoder, 4 function switches, and 7 "soft switches") this way with Housebot as my previous UI. As you know, I'm working on a Girder 6 version. So, long story short; key-mapping option in the UI button config?

2) Opening UI examples in QT creator. I'm trying to open current girder UI QML files and open the QT creator "design" tag, with the idea of learning and adapting. No dice. Now thinking this may not fly. Have seen QT creator mentioned in previous posts, so there may be some light at the end of the tunnel!

Once again, thanks for the product. Exciting times! (reminds me of the girder 3 days)

Tony

I had typed an answer to this post a few days ago, but looks like I didn't hit submit!

1. I will see how hard it is to add key-strokes

2. Qt is ok for simple layouts. but anything complicated it chokes on. I do use the Qt Creator to edit the QML directly. I find the syntax highlighting and code completion rather helpful.

It is exciting!
    Ron
    No support through PM

This is great and works wonderfully

The only thing I am curious about is is there a way to create a master page so all pages share the same layout?

Thanks,
    yonubear

Ron, I was using NR and G5-WHP earlier. Now that I have upgraded to G6-WHP, I would like to create a fresh GUI and was wondering what would be a better option to consider ..NR Dynamic(NRD) vs Web-server?
    Looking at the video, NR Dynamic seems very easy and straight forward but how does it stack up against a dynamic webpage in terms of functionality and options. I don't want to go with lets say NRD or WebServer and find out later that there are things that are not possible with it. Can I access the NRD QML GUI from anywhere (internet) to control things with Girder? Can I use the NRD on Mac OS and iOS? Basically, I need some help to understand the strengths and limitations of NRD & Web-server to make a decision which one to use for GUI.

I have pretty much the same question. Looking at a NR & G5 setup switch to G6, but not too sure how far NRD development and feature set will expand from where it is at the moment. Very interested in Ron's comments here so we have some direction on plans.

So there are three main options.

1. NetRemote Dynamic - EASY / Limited Advanced options ( Android, Windows, and TBA: OSX and iOS )

2. NetRemote - QML / Javascript - Very powerful, direct connection to Girder ( Android, Windows, and TBA: OSX and iOS )

3. Webserver - HTML / Javascript - Very powerful, connected through HTTP ( so can use proxies and whatnot ) Very wide OS support, basically anywhere there is a (modern) browser.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Thanks Ron. Not being a programmer pushes me toward option 1, but worried about feature and functionality restrictions. Are things like variables/status, sliders etc. planned for Dynamic, or is it pretty much as per current functionality? Just interested to know how close Dynamic will get to the old NetRemote Designer I guess. Cheers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast