Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NetRemote Dynamic

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    KV Slider + KV Toggle Button added!
    Thanks Ron, hoping to try out the new features soon and will report back.

Ron, FYI... almost 2000 views on this thread so it seems as though there is a lot of interest in these recent NRD developments! Keep them coming! :-)

Ron, I just finally had a chance to test out the new KV buttons and sliders... fantastic! These are exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

I have a couple more questions:

Is there a way to get the embedded NRD browser to support Flash? I'd like to create a page for music where I would load the Spotify web player but sadly it still uses flash and it won't work... any workaround for this?

Wondering if it would be possible to create a KV toggle "image" button... right now I can assign an image to a button but when toggled, the image is static and I can only toggle the colour of the text on top of the image when it is pressed. I'd like to have the option to toggle between two different images. The use case I have in mind is a floor plan of my house with light bulb icons for the various rooms. If the light is on, the light bulb image is yellow. If the light is off, the light bulb image is grey.. I can currently do this with the old NR and it is very cool. Would love to be able to replicate that here!

No unfortunately I don't think Flash will work in NetRemote. QML doesn't support that.

KV Images sure! Give me a few days I'm getting a new PEAC facility ready for it's grand opening tomorrow.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Turns out KVImages are already there! Just add an image and use the square bracket notation for it's URL!
    Ron
    No support through PM

That's great Ron... I'm confused though... how does that allow me to toggle between two different images?

From the Girder side you'd assign two different image URLs to that KV value that you specify for the image source/url.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ron sorry I need to ask you to dumb this down for me a bit more for me (you see why I need NRD? :-)... Where in Girder do I do this? Also on the KV ToggleButton itself in NRD, what image URL do I use there? When I put square brackets around the current image URL I have there, the image disappears...

Ah that part doesn't use the KV parser yet. I've updated the code here. You'll be able to do something like this:

http://localhost/lightbulb_[netremote.kvbutton_default].png

which will translate into

http://localhost/lightbulb_0.png
    http://localhost/lightbulb_1.png

depending on the state.... The next release will also allow images to be transferred over the existing tcp socket to Girder to avoid having to open the HTTP server as well as the Girder communication port to the internet. The URL for that will start with image://girder/<IMAGENAME>
    Ron
    No support through PM

image://girder/XXX is now supported in Girder 6.0.11.1, place the images in the httpd directory to be accessible from NR. The transfer however is not via HTTP but over the already open connection to Girder, thus avoiding the need to open another connection ( or port on your router ).

File access over the existing connection also works with HTTP GET requests to the host named "girder" from NR.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234