Thread: Elk M1G Ethernet

Default Elk M1G Ethernet

Downloaded and installed Girder 5, and the M1/EZ8 plugin, and enabled the M1/EZ8 component using the Ethernet connection. Restarted Girder. ElkRP works fine using the same IP address and port. However, Girder Component Manager status says Status: Ok [Connecting], and apparently never connects, or completes discovery. As a result, I assume, no devices. Any tips about how to debug this further? Thanks in advance!

Can you post a screenshot of the Elk settings screen?
    Rick

Girder 6.0 - Elk M1 Gold - JRMC 11.1 w/ M-Audio Delta 410 - NetRemote - BlueIris DVR
    Girder 6 Plugins - Elk M1/EZ8, Pushover Connector and more on the way.

Visit My Showcase

Girder has been running since yesterday.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-04-26 Girder Elk Component Settings.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	6686

From the manual, I got the impression that discovery would take just a few seconds.

You need to enable the non-secure port in the Elk Panel and ensure it is set to 2101. Then in Girder set the Elk plugin to use port 2101. The plugin does not support the secure port.
    Rick

Girder 6.0 - Elk M1 Gold - JRMC 11.1 w/ M-Audio Delta 410 - NetRemote - BlueIris DVR
    Girder 6 Plugins - Elk M1/EZ8, Pushover Connector and more on the way.

Visit My Showcase

Thanks Rick! That did the trick. Did I download a stale M1/EZ8 component manual, or can I update the current one to reflect this? I notice that Arm/Disarm events are not logged. Is this expected? I have logging set at the Debug level.