Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Girder 6 for Raspberry Pi

Question Girder 6 for Raspberry Pi

Hi Ron,

Quick question regarding Grinder 6 for Raspberry Pi. Is it keeping up with the Windows version? If not how far behind is it, e.g. what is lacking?

Regards,

Joachim

It's not been updated in a few months. Only because there wasn't a whole lot of interest. If that interest picks back up I'm happy to do a new build.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hi Ron,

If you would consider one purchase (WHP) an interest I would place my order today! All I would expect is that you do an update every now and again (when you have big changes).

What I am really waiting for is a Linux (Debian 64bit) version that I can put on my Atom powered server but maybe a R. Pi version is enough so I would like to try it out (then I would need to order a R. Pi as I don't have one)!

Joachim

Sure that's a start

I've compiled Girder on Debian 64 bit. I have to sort out the packaging but beyond that it looks in good shape.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ron,

Good to hear that you have compiled Girder on Debian 64 bit (looking forward to it)!

I have added my interest by buying the WHP license so I also hope you find the time to update Rasberry Pi version (as I would really like to try it).

Joachim

Thanks for your purchase! We most definitely appreciate it!

As I said the biggest trouble is getting things packaged up nicely. I'm giving that some thought tonight.
    Ron
    No support through PM

FYI. Still working on the packaging. Progress is being made however.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Release for Debian is done. Give it a spin.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hi Ron

Is that right, there's a new version for the Raspberry Pi? I have begun to change to Girder6 on that device, but as it is when other projects are forcing me, i couldn't go on with it. Thus my trial license is over now, at least i could install it...

I think i order a WHP, could you send me a mail containing the upgrade price from G5WHP?

Is there a possibility to start/stop Girder with only a button, without causing it to stay fullscreen? I have made a Shortcut to the desktop of the RaPI, but when i start Girder, my Desktop is gone...

Thank you!

Christian

As a matter of fact I rebuilt Qt for Raspi yesterday (after trying for a week!) I have one item I want to address in the Girder source and after that I will do a release.

the fullscreen thing might have to do with the use of the wrong platform plugin. Either use the girder bash file to launch or add "-platform xcb" as a commandline parameter to Girder6.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast