Thread: Phidgets with Girder 6

Default Phidgets with Girder 6

I am using a PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/16/16 with G5. Is there a chance that this will also work with G6?

I am using the following code to load the Phidget Interface

PI = luacom.CreateObject ("Phidget21COM.PhidgetInterfaceKit")

Unfortunately due to instabilities of LuaCOM in Girder 5 we have decided not to include it in Girder 6 at this point. If there is enough people that would like to see it come back we *may* include it as an optional add-on with a big warning about instabilities.
    Ron
    No support through PM

This will help me out a lot. I use luaCOM with the following:

Msxml2.DOMDocument – used to read my Google calendar and speak any daily announcements for my kids in the morning before school.

Phidget21COM.PhidgetInterfaceKit - used to integrate Phidgets with Girder. Basement water detection, sump pump operation, deep freezer operation, garage door status. It also controls a Bose lifestyle system. The Bose does not use a standard IR remote but a proprietary RF remote. The Phidget is wired directly to the lifestyle system.

iTunes.Application – I have numerous lua scripts that will allow me to rate songs, add and remove songs from different playlists. Speak the song title and artist while the song is playing. Uncheck songs in the iTunes database, turn on the iTunes visualizer and so on.

If luaCOM is not possible in G6 and I cannot convert my workflow to operate I was thinking about running 5 and 6 together and sending commands back and forth as needed.

I like G6 for the improved Insteon plugin and Nest support. Adding luaCOM to Girder 6 will definitely motivate me to upgrade.

I'm glad to see luacom made it into 6.0.8.1. I just made my purchase and will be moving all my 5 workflow to 6.

Thank you!

No problem. Let me know how things work.
    Ron
    No support through PM