Thread: Problem with Geographical Location

Default Problem with Geographical Location

I've encountered this problem because somehow my IP address within Girder got reset. (I don't think that any current user that has not changed their IP address would see it.)

The problem appears to be that the Promixis server always returns the Florida location for ANY IP address AND it has an extra field (GMT-5). This last breaks GeographicalLocation.lua so you don't even get the Florida location in the Location tab. I've checked this by accessing the Promixis server directly though my browser using my correct IP address and indeed get the Florida location.

The problem is compounded by the fact that manually editing the Location appears to be broken (at least I tried everything I could see and could not access any location field).

This happens on all machines so I don't think that it is any problem with my setup. (I'm using 5.1.1.)

I've hacked GeographicalLocation.lua so as to always return my location but obviously this is not a good solution.

I'll have to check. I know that feature was being abused by others ( not promixis software ), we pay for each lookup so that wasn't cool. I'll see if I can fix it or provide a fix like yours.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Thanks. I'm really good to go with my hack except that it IS a hack. The biggest problem was that it was throwing an error. The fix for that is either to eliminate the extra field (GMT-5) or to add a "TimeZone" field to the table in GeographicalLocation.lua.

Updated script. Replace file in <GIRDER>\luascript\Components
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ron
    No support through PM

I just completed a fresh install of Girder 5.1.1

The revised LUA didnt help with my install.. I cant change (or hack) the location.

Any suggestions on how to resolve?