Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodi / XBMC JSON RPC - sending basic transport commands from Girder. Paypal offered.

Default Kodi / XBMC JSON RPC - sending basic transport commands from Girder. Paypal offered.

Folks,

Looking to achieve this, but out of my depth:

1) Girder sends Kodi / XBMC simple music transport commands e.g. Play/Pause, Next, Previous, UP /Down/Left/Right/Select
    2) Command / Action is triggered by a Girder event e.g. keyboard, remote, etc
    3) JSON RPC used as device control
    4) Girder 5. Kodi "Helix". JSON RPC 6 command set (KODI / XBMC version description).

I have wasted days trying to get this working. It's not going to be hard, merely out of my comfort zone in Girder - guessing LUA etc.

For anyone who can help, I can offer $30 via paypal. Yes, I'm that desperate! As I'm mentioning money, it's best to be absolutely clear on what I'm looking for:

1) A girder 5 GML file (not just script excerpts)
    2) The GML file to work with Kodi (14 "Helix" or XBMC 13.2 "Gotham")
    3) Girder actions / macros triggered by an event for the following MUSIC commands: Play/Pause, Next, Previous, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, SELECT
    4) Something that works before December 1st. Sorry but the project has to complete by then, and I will have to go with my clunky "keyboard spoofing"solution. (that has many compromises on usability)

Don't want to pay several helpful people, so it may be best to reply up front if you're kind enough to take this on.

Links:
    Kodi / XBMC download: http://kodi.tv/download/
    JSON RPC forum page: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=174

Folks,

Just to say that I'm still interested in a JSON solution - even beyond the rather sporty date I previously gave. The kit is now installed in the VW Campervan and working well, but I'd still love to upgrade all the keyboard spoofing to something that works in the background.

Paypal offer also extended...

Hoping someone out there can provide help at any level. Thanks.

I've added initial support to Girder 6 and back-ported that to Girder 5. Play/Pause, Stop, Prev and Next for now. If this works for you we can add more. Extract the zip file in the Girder installation directory and hit script reset.
    Last edited by Ron; December 10th, 2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: removed download in favor of download below.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ah you only need up,down,left,right and select. I've added that real quick.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ron!!

Thankyou. It works like a dream. Using port 8080. Tested every command, and will have a go at adding a couple more now..

Please drop me your paypal email and I'll send on an early Christmas present - as I now have one of my own! (I'll look at my promixis>notifications>inbox for it).

This will really improve the user experience no end. Thanks again.

Glad to be of help Tony, merry early Christmas!
    Ron
    No support through PM

Great timing. I decided to look for this today and behold!

After dropping this in my Girder folder and resetting, should I see something in the available actions tree? I don't. I don't see any console errors, either.

There is a GML included, load that.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    There is a GML included, load that.
    Got it! Thanks.

Hmm. I set my user and pass in the Lua but when I run it, I get:

Wed Dec 10 21:22:04 2014 [string "Connect - SET PASSWORD AND USERNAME THEN RUN ME"]:4: ')' expected near '"xbmc"'

I haven't updated in a while. I'm running 6.0.0.83 - is that a problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast