Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Webserver - change a variable through a web page

That's exactly what I want, thanks a lot! Worked as a charm, I can use that same code to turn on and off amps in the multi-zone system, and then use the "modus" setup for radio channels! Nifty trick to see what gets parsed as well, nice for debuggin!
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Jon, I'm back again! First of all I managed to fix the special character problem with the help of a local web guru, he found out that adding this line to the ajaxreqjson file:

webserver:SetHeaderEx("Content-Type", "text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1", true)

But if you have the time and would be so kind one day there is one thing I'd really love to add: A way to change alarm temperatures for the zones/rooms. I have one column for turning on and off the timer changes (the last column) and a column to write in the temperatures. The problem is of course that to write in temperatures only work when I'm in one of the modes (day, night and so on). So I could easily make a column for turning on and off alarm temperatures, or I could make one to select alarm temperatures. But that would mean that the day, night and whatever temperature wouldn't work. Is there a way to use the temperature editing column at the same time as having a on/off for alarm temperature? I have attached the setup, both the scripts in Girder, the changed ajaxreqson and the index.lhtml.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software

Hi. I'll have a look at your code when I get a minute.
    Im not sure I fully understand what your after at the moment though.
    Jon.

Thanks a lot! Let me try to clarify: For each zone/room there are 4 modes that has their own individual temperatures (day, night, frost guard and special temperatures) plus "off" which doesn't do any temperature to choose between. Off is the second to last column. They are mutually exclusive. If one of them are selected, the other four can not be. This way it's possible to choose the type of temperature from the web page, so a few hours before somebody's going to use the home gym they will set it from frost guard (which will be 5 degrees) to day temp (which will be 20). Also if they think it's too warm or too cold with regular day temp they can edit the temperature for that mode in the text input column and click on "set temp" to change the temp for that mode. Then there's the last column, which sets a varible for the timer to off or on. That way I can have my office go into night mode (the heater keeping it above 12 degrees) at 5 p.m. and then start heating it up to 20 at 5 a.m. Now I'm at the cabin, so I have clicked the timer to off, and then it won't do that. So that's what there so far.

What I wish for is a separate alarm mode (that I can set to for instance 5 degrees in a regular room or -15 in the freezer) that can be turned off and on, like the timer column, but which will also have a temperature associated with it. And the alarm mode should not be mutually exclusive with the regular modes, so it should be possible to have an alarm active at the same time as a regular heating mode is active. I'm starting to think that this would be better in a separate table though, to avoid having too much in the main table. So if you could make a separate table just for that, with the possibility to turn the alarm mode on and off, and to input a temperature to associate with the alarm mode, that would probably be the best. Then I could have that table further down in the same page.

Did that make it any clearer?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789