Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: plugin question

Default plugin question

ok this may sound odd but can the internal id of a control be referenced in the device.lua of the plugin I am trying to figure out how to create a control but have the plugin auto update it on a timer

Thanks,
    yonu

please disgeguard I think I figured it out will post an example when I am done

ok guess I will wait on a response what I had worked out didn't work

Thanks,
    yonu

If you look at plugin\device.lua you'll see there is a function called "findControl(self, internalId) this returns the first child control with that internalId. Is that something you could use? If there are multiple controls with the same id, you could use forEachControl
    Ron
    No support through PM

that will work thanks I didn't notice that.

Thanks,
    yonu

ok that will work for part of what I need. Here is the problem I am having at this moment is with the devices themselves say I create 5 devices i need a timer running to test for a change and update each device but I can't seem to figure out how to have the plugin parse the devices to get the internalid as I am using the device serial as the internalid.

Hope that made sense
    Thanks,
    yonu

Hmm, I'm having a hard time understanding what you want to do? On what level does the timer run? (Plugin / Component / Device / Control ). From any of those levels you can use the forEachControl/forEachDevice/forEachComponent iterators to loop over the objects. Each object has a .internalId property you can read.
    Ron
    No support through PM

ok where can I find an example of forEachDevice?

Now here is an example of what I am trying to do and I don't actually care where it goes in the plugin as long as it is running every 30 sec without user interaction
    18 various temp, humidity and pressure sensors that are connected to the i2c port on my RPi that I want to create devices for and label controls to track and log the readings. so what I want to do is have the plugin read each device for the internalid which will be the serial number of the sensor so that it can use it as a variable for the folder name in the IO script you helped me with. I hope this makes since.

Thanks,
    Yonu

both irtrans and simpleTransport use forEachDevice, with the irtrans plugin doing this inside the component.

lua\irtrans\component.lua
    Ron
    No support through PM

thanks I found it but I don't understand how to call it in the script. Can I get a dummies guide?
    Sorry,
    Yonu

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast