Thread: NetRemote dynamic - screen resolution/dpi problems

Default NetRemote dynamic - screen resolution/dpi problems

I've been testing out NetRemote Dynamic on Android, and have quite a few problems with the screen resolution and the way things are shown on PC vs. Android.

1. The Page Properties dialog is shown completely wrong on my mobile, which is a LG G2 running with a resolution of 1080x1920 at 480 dpi. See attached screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PageProperties.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	6827
    2. When looking at it from a PC the resolution is too high (with a height of 1920) for any normal monitor/graphics card. This means that the bottom part of the canvas is inaccessible. Perhaps adding a scroll bar is a solution? See attached screenshots.

On PC:

Name:	pc_canvas.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	6829

On Android:

Name:	android_canvas.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	6830

3. When removing the Girder icon (top left). You are told to use F12/menu to get into edit mode. How do one do this on Android? I can alway get back using the PC interface, but it would be nice to do everything on Android.

1. I'll have to check what is going on there.

2. Not sure how to fix that. I'm using DPI as provided by the OS. I suggest making different pages for different screens

3. On Android you can now click the menu button to make the edit screen appear.
    Ron
    No support through PM

2. I'm not sure how different pages for different screens would solve my problem. I was hoping to create the most of the pages on the PC instead of the mobile, since it is much more convenient. Being relatively new to Girder there might very well be something I've got confused about this?

3. There is no physical menu button in Android. It went away with Android 3.0. Most users are now limited to Apps exposing the menu as a soft button in the top right corner in the form on three vertical dots. As far as I can see NetRemote gives you no such menu button, which means that on a stock non-rooted Android you're stuck. But you could always return via the PC interface so it's not really critical, just annoying.

Interesting all my android phones have had a button of some sort (the three lines you mention) somewhere (hard button or soft). Both on android 3 and android 4.
    Ron
    No support through PM

I'm running NetRemote on both a Sony Xperia Tablet Z with Android 4.4 and on a LG G2 with Android 5.0. I see no indication of a (soft) menu button anywhere. The standard Navbar only has 3 buttons, and menu is not one of them. Long pressing the buttons does not work either.

My G2 is rooted and I'm using an app that gives me a pie-menu which includes a menu-button, and that works fine. The tablet is unrooted and then I can't see any way of accessing the menu button.

Odd. There are front buttons on that phone (which act as menu button) http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...ps-and-tricks/
    Ron
    No support through PM

Wether or not the Navbar is customisable varies from ROM to ROM. Stock Android from Google, like it is on e.g. Nexus 5, does not have it.

LG might have added it to their ROM for the G2, but I'm not on a stock LG ROM on that phone. But since the phone is rooted I have access to the menu bar anyway.

The stock Xperia Tablet Z ROM does not have a customisable Navbar. And without rooting the device I can't get to it unless it is exposed by the app.

I'm going to assume that if a user does not have the menu button and somehow turns off the Girder logo he can get it back by using a client on a different OS. I think people do like being able to disable the Girder logo.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Yes, it is a good thing to be able to turn off the Girder logo, but it would also be nice to be able to turn it on inside Android. But I can live with it as it is.

Another problem I've noticed in NetRemote is a very strange behaviour when trying to change the font size in button properties. There seems to be some strange logic as to which digits/values are allowed? And it's different from PC and Android on the same Girder instance.

E.g.:

a) On Windows, I try to change font size but can only enter one digit (from 5 to 9) in the field.
    b) On Android I cannot enter some values like anything starting with '4'. So to get '45' I can enter '55', then delete the first '5' and enter '4'.