Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I get a boolen from the registry or convert a string "false" to boolean false?

No error message this time. But it does the opposite: It makes the inner part of the nested table to an integer, instead of the outer part. If that makes any sense.

Probably not, so it's better to show it:

Code:
    { -- #0
    this->   ["1"] = { -- #1
          ["1"] = 22,
          ["3"] = 5,
          ["2"] = 12,
          ["4"] = 0,
          ["Modus"] = 1,
       } -- #1,
    and this->   ["3"] = { -- #2
          ["1"] = 20,
          ["3"] = 5,
          ["2"] = 16,
          ["4"] = 0,
          ["Modus"] = 1,
    As you see it's the four temperatures that are numbers now, not the room number, in this case I have only shown rooms 1 and 3, and the room numbers are shown with "this and this".
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Code:
    if not Temperaturstyring then
    Temperaturstyring = {}
    end

if not Temperaturstyring.Nettside then
        Temperaturstyring.Nettside = {}
    end

if not Temperaturstyring.Nettside.SettTemperatur  then
        Temperaturstyring.Nettside.SettTemperatur = {}
    end

local reg = win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\", 0);
    local keys = reg:ListKeys()
    reg:CloseKey()
    for i,key in pairs(keys) do
        local reg = win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\" .. key, 0);
        local valueNames = reg:ListValues()
        local t = {}
        for j, valueName in pairs( valueNames ) do

t[ tonumber(valueName) ] = reg:Read( valueName )

end
        Temperaturstyring.Nettside.SettTemperatur[ key ] = t
    end
    Ron
    No support through PM

An error again, this time different:
    Code:
    [string "VM-Girder som hovedmaskin.gml:\Lys, ovner o..."]:23: table index is nil
    stack traceback:
        [string "VM-Girder som hovedmaskin.gml:\Lys, ovner o..."]:23: in main chunk
    The printout is empty:
    Code:
    { -- #0
    } -- #0
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software

then not all keys are numbers.

t[ tonumber(valueName) or valueName ] = reg:Read( valueName )
    Ron
    No support through PM

And now I saw why. All the room number are numbers, but this code actually works on the middle level of the nested table. So the first code did the inner level (the temperatures of the different modes of the rooms), while this changes the middle level (the modes of the rooms). So if it's possible to go one more level out it will be what I'm
    looking for!

Code:
    if not Temperaturstyring then
    Temperaturstyring = {}
    end

if not Temperaturstyring.Nettside then
        Temperaturstyring.Nettside = {}
    end

if not Temperaturstyring.Nettside.SettTemperatur  then
        Temperaturstyring.Nettside.SettTemperatur = {}
    end

local reg = win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\", 0);
    local keys = reg:ListKeys()
    for i,key in pairs(keys) do
        local reg = win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\" .. key, 0);
        local valueNames = reg:ListValues()
        local t = {}
        for j, valueName in pairs( valueNames ) do

t[ tonumber(valueName) or valueName ] = reg:Read( valueName )

end
        Temperaturstyring.Nettside.SettTemperatur[ tonumber(key) or key ] = t
    end
    Ron
    No support through PM

Yes, yes, YES! That's it! It had the second level to number as well, but I managed to change that without messing up anything, so now it is exactly the way I wanted it! Thank you very much for this one, Ron! I think I will get the full system running this weekend now!

The only thing I would like (yeah, I'm a bit greedy on your time now, I know) is if doesn't take too long to do the other one I had on the previous page. The registry read stuff that I had as a bunch of lines, since I can use that for more than one thing (in audio video as well as the heat control). Since the thread is a bit cluttered here's what it was:

Code:
    Temperaturstyring.Nettside.status ={
    [1] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\1', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [2] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\2', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [3] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\3', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [4] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\4', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [5] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\5', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [6] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\6', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [7] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\7', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [8] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\8', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [9] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\9', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [10] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\10', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [11] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\11', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [12] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\12', 0):Read('Modus')),
    [13] = tonumber (win.CreateRegistry('HKEY_CURRENT_USER', 'Software\\Automatisering\\Termostat\\13', 0):Read('Modus'))
    }

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123