Thread: RFXCom on Raspberry

Default RFXCom on Raspberry

I just hooked up a RFXCom device (RFXtrx433E) to my Raspberry.

The device seems to work ok (at least the receiver part), but when I try to configure it I get the following error:

to feb 26 17:09:55 2015 SrciptDevice::selfCall::inbound / /opt/girder/lua/rfxcom/backend.lua:258: attempt to index field 'packet1' (a nil value)
    to feb 26 17:09:55 2015 stack traceback:
    to feb 26 17:09:55 2015 /opt/girder/lua/rfxcom/backend.lua:258: in function 'updateDevice'
    to feb 26 17:09:55 2015 /opt/girder/lua/rfxcom/backend.lua:323: in function </opt/girder/lua/rfxcom/backend.lua:288>

Any suggestions?

Can you place the attached lua file into the <GIRDER\lua\rfxcom directory. It should overwrite and existing directory. Then restart Girder, try to configure the RFXCom and check the Lua console output. Copy and paste it here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ron
    No support through PM

That looks much better:

to feb 26 19:33:35 2015 RFXom::connectionCB / connected, resetting device done true
    to feb 26 19:33:35 2015 RFXCom::reset / status = true
    to feb 26 19:33:35 2015 RFXCom::reset / Getting status
    to feb 26 19:33:35 2015 RFXom::connectionCB / connected, resetting device...
    to feb 26 19:33:35 2015 startup running...
    to feb 26 19:33:35 2015 rootStartup running...

Thanks for fast and excellent support. Now I just have to pair those switches...

Everything ok then?
    Ron
    No support through PM

Well, I'm just trying to figure out how to pair Girder to my Nexa light switches. Can it be done from within Girder, is there a quick and simple documentation somewhere?

As far as I can tell you just need to get the ID of the switch and then you can control it through Lighting2.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Yes. That's what I thought also. But when I press the learn button on the switch, I see nothing in the Girder logs.

I've successfully paired the switch with the RFXCom device using Windows and the RFXMngr program. That way I also obtained the ID of the switch.

When I create a "AC" entry in Girder, fill in the ID and other information I obtained from RFXMngr, it does not work.

I have a couple of transmit devices (e.g. a remote control) , and I can see them just fine in Girder.

I'll keep on testing...

Testing did not help much.
    I cannot get this to work from Girder on Raspberry. Will try Girder on Windows tomorrow.

Got it working after a bit of testing and failing. Much more intuitive once you've figured out how everything is meant to work...