Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smooth mouse emulation using girder (including acceleration)

Default Smooth mouse emulation using girder (including acceleration)

Hi all,

I have been struggling with mouse support on girder for a while, and after looking through this board and the web for a solution - I decided I had to make something myself.
    Now, this is a little of a hack, as it relies on the AlarmTimer plugin, but it works fairly well for me.

Mouse control also requires the WinLUA Ex plugin by Mark Fiechtner, so be sure to download it and activate it.

The attached Mouse.GML file is set for my X10/ATI plugin, but can easily be adapted for other remotes, as long as they have an up & down message, with the down message supplying the direction of movement.
    Same goes for the mouse buttons.

In general, all 'up' messages should go to 'MouseUp', while the down messages go to their respective MouseX command.

If anyone has a better solution, or an idea of how to improve mine, I would be happy to hear about it

Enjoy,
    -Eyal.

Hi!

I've got ATI's Remote Wonder. Mouse movement can be improved more, at least to achieve the smoothness of ATI's own drivers' mouse moving.

Pointer shouldn't lose gained speed, when changing direction for example from "up" to "up-left". Your plug-in starts the acceleration from zero, when my thumb slips to "up-left" accidentally when moving "up". Ati's drivers keep it going max speed, and pointer is much more faster to use.

Doubleclick feature can/should be added, since ATI's remote returns for example X10_DN_LButtonDoubleClick through X10net.dll.

With small improvements it's gonna be perfect , keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Juho L
    Hi!

I've got ATI's Remote Wonder. Mouse movement can be improved more, at least to achieve the smoothness of ATI's own drivers' mouse moving.

Pointer shouldn't lose gained speed, when changing direction for example from "up" to "up-left". Your plug-in starts the acceleration from zero, when my thumb slips to "up-left" accidentally when moving "up". Ati's drivers keep it going max speed, and pointer is much more faster to use.

Doubleclick feature can/should be added, since ATI's remote returns for example X10_DN_LButtonDoubleClick through X10net.dll.

With small improvements it's gonna be perfect , keep up the good work!
    I have been thinking about the ATI Remote wonder. I am a ProntoPro/Girder User. Since you have and are using one would you answer a few questions:

What is the root of the functionality of this remote? Is it simply IR commands that can be learned and shared in ProntoEdit, etc? You talk a aout a driver. If that is key, is is a matter of having the driver and then learning the IR codes? Of is it somehow all more complicated/proprietary than this? Having said all of this, I don't really mind buying one...my bigger concern is not to have another device. If I buy one, can I learn its functions into the Pronto, or do I need to use the actual remote? Lastly, what is the significance of Girder with this remote? It sounds like this remote provides an altenative to Girder for the commands it controls.

Thanks for your help

--Caleb

Quote Originally Posted by ccclapp
    What is the root of the functionality of this remote? Is it simply IR commands that can be learned and shared in ProntoEdit, etc? You talk a aout a driver. If that is key, is is a matter of having the driver and then learning the IR codes? Of is it somehow all more complicated/proprietary than this? Having said all of this, I don't really mind buying one...my bigger concern is not to have another device. If I buy one, can I learn its functions into the Pronto, or do I need to use the actual remote? Lastly, what is the significance of Girder with this remote? It sounds like this remote provides an altenative to Girder for the commands it controls.
    ATI's Remote Wonder is an RF remote control. It uses frequencies near 400 MHz. I assume ProntoPro can only emulate IR remote controllers.

RF receiver is connected to USB port and you need a driver to attach it to the system. ATI's own software is very limited, and you can assing limited custom commands to only 6 buttons. I'd like to have more freedom and applications with Girder. Remote is very handy, when controlling through walls, and when placing the receiver wisely you can have great distance with it.

Thanks!

Unless the Pronto can deal with RF I will pass. My goal is to reduce the required number of separate remotes. Also, I believe there are other ways to gain the same functionality over mouse control (if anyone does this well using Pronto/Girder please tell me your recommendations )

Thanks again.

--Caleb

Brilliant !!!!!!!!! :lol:

I was just looking into how I could do this with my ATI remote and found your post. I downloaded the file and it worked first time !!!!! :lol:

Thanks again

Just as a FYI, the GML script posted in this thread can be adapted to work with a pronto, or any other remote control with works with the buttonmode plug-in.

Here's a version which works with my Pronto...

Mouse improvement. I have taken ermon's scripts and stuff and added a little bit of scripting to reset aceleration. The program (if you can call it that) now waits 1.5 seconds and then resets the acceleration.

So, bottom line is that if you press a direction for a while and stop, the mouse will still move quickly if you press another button within 1.5 seconds.

Also has support for Winamp3, ATI buttons are now added properly I think and there is some support for ATI programs (TV, DVD etc) but it is disabled and needs work.

Let me know how people like this!!

File is found at http://members.rogers.com/ultimatefr...teDownload.htm

Thanks.

I just tried to look at this, and quickly ran into a wall. The Nick123.gml (from the above link) is displayed as an xml file. I've read that .gml data is stored in this format, so I thought a simple copy/paste and renaming the extension would work, but I keep getting an "unable to load data file". I went to view the xml in IE, and an error that the header was incorrect was produced. what am I doing wrong? I must be overlooking something, but Im stumped. So how do you take an xml file and convert it to a gml? Has this been developed as a plug-in, and I just overlooked it? I took another glance, but didn't see anything like this.

Side Note:
    the GML script posted in this thread
    Where did it go....

Treetop

Take the .gml file and open it in Girder. I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.

Gerry
    Big Gerr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast