Thread: Controlling Mini-split Air-conditioning unit. Problems learning codes?

Default Controlling Mini-split Air-conditioning unit. Problems learning codes?

I didn't know if I should post this in the "other hardware" Forum or not.

I recently purchased a mini-split Heat and air-conditioning unit for a room in my home. It has an infrared remote for controlling the unit. I figured that I could use My plain old USB-UIRT To learn the functions from the remote control but so far there is no joy. I am told that it's a "complicated" signal. I also have a PIR-1 That I purchased From here a while back but I haven't tried it yet. I am a quadriplegic. Before I start the hunt for the PIR-1 would anybody guess if I'm going to be successful using that Transceiver? Has anyone had any luck programming for these kind of air-conditioning units?

Well that is tricky to say. I haven't tried that AC unit myself and the USB-UIRT is an excellent piece of hardware. Since you already have the PIR-1 I'd say give it a go. The MK2 version of the PIR-1 has excellent learning abilities in combination with Girder 6. ( you could use the trial of Girder 6 to learn and go back to Girder 5 if so desired ).
    Ron
    No support through PM

i know this thread is a year old but hoping this help others, let me give my 50cent. I first used girder 5.1 with pir1 usb to learn and control several air conditioners a few years ago. It works great. Learning is tedious and repeat is necessary. I have got quadriplegic as well, thanks to girder i can freely control my stuff.
    the most important thing on learning air conditioner remotes i that you must shoot your remote to the usb receiver and the next code you must discard, doing this ive got mine working