Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB-UIRT.dll upgrade issue & Learn not working

Default USB-UIRT.dll upgrade issue & Learn not working

Hi there,

I am new to Girder and USB-UIRT, I've tried to look through the FAQs but the link to the FAQ page isn't working(!). I have 2 issues I need to resolve:

1. I've read in the installation guide that I should update the USBUIRT.dll to newest version (which I've downloaded) when I install Girder. However when I replace the USBUIRT.dll in plugins folder, the plugin no longer appears in Girder as a clickable option to include. Please can you let me know if there's something else that I need to be doing in order to update to the latest version of the USBUIRT.dll. When I uninstall then reinstall Girder, using the default USBUIRT.dll, I am able to select the UIRT plugin (on version 1.0.1 (75).

2. When trying to learn a code from my remote. The application does not "learn" IR codes received (I can see them being logged, but nothing appears in the freq etc window when I see new IR detections being logged). Is there a step by step guide on how one can capture from a remote, save/learn, then copy/repeat through Girder that I need to be looking at somewhere? Please could someone send me a link to it if so!?

I'm on Windows 8.1, using the trial version of Girdir and a USB-UIRT device.

Thanks for any info!
    (Apologies for likely noob question!)

Welcome Matt! First I want to make sure you have the USB-UIRT and not the PIR-1.

Secondly Girder 5 nor Girder 6 needs that file updated. So just reinstall Girder and fire it up.

What version of Girder are you on?
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hi Ron,

Thanks for such a quick reply!

I have the "Jon Rhees USB-UIRT (Universal Infrared Receiver/Transmitter)".

I'm on Girdir 6.

Thanks for any info, Matt

Just reinstall Girder, then fire it up. Make sure the USB-UIRT plugin is loaded. Open the logger window ( VIew->Logger) Grab an IR remote and press a button. You should see IR codes rolling in. Do you see these?
    Ron
    No support through PM

I've reinstalled, clicked the plugin and can see the codes coming in (as per the screen shot attached).

But I can't seem to get Girdir to learn any of them still :-S

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Girder-logging.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	6867

Excellent!

From the actions on the left, find the USB-UIRT action. Add it to the GML tree on the right. Then double click on the newly created action on the right in the tree. A dialog should open, press the "Learn..." button.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Excellent!

From the actions on the left, find the USB-UIRT action. Add it to the GML tree on the right. Then double click on the newly created action on the right in the tree. A dialog should open, press the "Learn..." button.
    Great, that's a repetition of what I was doing... which means I hadn't gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick completely! :-)

I have added the action to the GML Tree, clicked "Learn", get through to the window shown below. Unfortunately though it's as if nothing is being received by the USB-UIRT, because no CCF codes are "learned". They don't appear in the CCF box and when I click Apply and Test having OK'd the learn box, nothing happens. It's strange because when I look in the logger I do see what appears to be a CCF. Please see image attached, any ideas where I'm going wrong?

N.B the led on the USB-UIRT is flashing as though it's receiving the signal from my remote!

Name:	Girder-logging 2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	6868

Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    Great, that's a repetition of what I was doing... which means I hadn't gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick completely! :-)

I have added the action to the GML Tree, clicked "Learn", get through to the window shown below. Unfortunately though it's as if nothing is being received by the USB-UIRT, because no CCF codes are "learned". They don't appear in the CCF box and when I click Apply and Test having OK'd the learn box, nothing happens. It's strange because when I look in the logger I do see what appears to be a CCF. Please see image attached, any ideas where I'm going wrong?

N.B the led on the USB-UIRT is flashing as though it's receiving the signal from my remote!

Name:	Girder-logging 2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	6868
    Worth noting, the CCF in the logger is in the image below, is that in the usual/correct format for a CCF?

Also, there are of course two learn buttons, one on first dialogue, second on box that appears (on click of first)... I'm clicking Learn on the box with black Freq etc details that says abort learn while in learning mode. If that makes sense!

Still nothing! :-S

Name:	Girder-logging 3.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	6869

Image of logger after learn attempt showing something is being received.

BTW... If I'm on a trial version will that make any difference?

Cheers for your help so far, Matt

Trial is OK.

When learning you should only be an inch or two away from the USB-UIRT. Are you doing that?
    Ron
    No support through PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast