Thread: Single Professional License covers Remote Access between two Windows machines?

Default Single Professional License covers Remote Access between two Windows machines?

Hello,

Does a single Girder 6 Professional License cover the Girder and NetRemote access between two Windows machines?

I had no problem accessing the Girder Server from Android, but in order to get the remote access working from Windows, I had to register my (trial) license on both machines. I wonder whether this setup already requires a WHP license for non-commercial use.

Regards,

Stefan

That is covered by the pro license. Not sure why you had to enter a license for NetRemote to work on the 2nd PC. I'll see if I can change the installer a bit and allow for a NR only install in the future.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hello,

I could install without license number, but before I entered my (trial) license key, I could start NetRemote and could connect to my Girder server. However, the selection dialog was empty without history. I could browse for a file or enter an URL, but I did not know what to specify. After entering my (trial) license key for Girder, I could connect to my Girder Server and start the Netremote out of the Girder menu. Then - when starting NetRemote separately - I had the local file in my history.

I would appreciate a NetRemote for Windows only installation, if I would know what to open then.

Regards,

Stefan

Sorry, I want to correct myself. I would not like a NetRemote only installation.

I want to run the Girder front end for configuration on the remote machine.