Thread: NetRemote Dynamic

Default NetRemote Dynamic

Hi Ron, I'm trying to use NetRemote Dynamic in Girder 6 and I would like to import my Girder 5 CCFs but I'm having difficulty finding them. I have been following your video and several of my devices are not in the IR library. On the Device Manage window there is a box that says Import from IRP file (Girder 5). What is the typical Install Location?

The IRP can be generated by Girder 5 by opening the IR Profile editor, finding the device you'd like to export, right click it and select export. This should give you an IRP you can import into Girder. Does that help?
    Ron
    No support through PM

Nope, nothing there.

Alright, where do you have your IR codes stored in Girder 5?
    Ron
    No support through PM

That's the million dollar question. Where would the typical install location be? Give me the path. Peter

:-) Well I'm trying to figure out what you are trying to do. I think we have a miscommunication. When you say CCF, do you mean the IR codes in Girder or the old NetRemote interfaces?
    Ron
    No support through PM

I'm simply trying to use NetRemote Dynamic. When I say CCF I mean the IR codes, the long code numbers in Girder. I cannot find there location. My IR device is a Cisco Explorer 8642HD DVR Cablebox. I can get to here, C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder 6. Where are the IR codes?

I'm not sure why you are trying to access your CCF codes with the Windows File explorer. If you can give me a call tomorrow, 877.877.0643 I think that will solve this a lot quicker.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hi Ron I'd love to talk but I have ALS and cannot speak. Don't worry about it I can load each one individually.

No problem, I do want to help. If you can explain how/where you had the IR codes in Girder 5 I can give you guidance on how to get them into Girder 6.

You already said they are not in the IR profiles, so that pretty much leaves the Girder Tree. Is that correct? If so Girder 5 has no single spot it saves the GML files, simply do a Save As in Girder 5 on the GML that holds the IR codes. Then go to Girder 6 and press File->Import
    Ron
    No support through PM