Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie USB-UIRT getting started

Default Newbie USB-UIRT getting started

Hi all. This seems to be more complicated than I remember. I had played around with Girder years ago but didn't really get anywhere.

I have a USB-UIRT receiver and I would really like to get it working to run my Windows 10 computer and especially my JRiver Media Center (Version 21) software.

I have enabled the USB-UIRT device in the "Device Manager". I then went into the "Available Actions" and down to the "USBUIRT\Send" area.

I Double clicked on the "Send" which created a new "Send" action under the action tree where I had created the Group "Windows". I had renamed the top level under the Action Tree so it looks like: "JRiver MC 21\Windows\Send"

When I double click the "Send" in that section I get the windows below with the "CCF", Repeats (Changed to "1" from "0"), Zone (All).
    I click on the "Learn" button which opens up a new window with again a "CCF" window and another "Learn" button. I click on the second "Learn" button. When I click on the button from the remote I would like to "Learn" from I can see the red light blinking on the USB-UIRT device but I don't get anything happening in the CCF windows (Which I believe is where the button code is supposed to go?)

Nothing happens in the "Progress" or "Quality" areas either.

I am sure I must have missed a step and will be reading more thoroughly about Girder 6 in the future as I think I would like to use it to control my Z-Wave items etc as well. But for now I just want to get my Windows and JRiver Media Center going so I can make a decision as to whether or not to purchase Girder pro.

Any help much appreciated.

On a side note. I had to create a new user name for some reason. I had one years ago (JCTCOM) but for some reason when I tried to log in with that one it comes back saying I have been banned for no particular reason. I am guessing it just became inactive for non use. But I would like to continue with my original user name if at all possible?

Carl.

Is anything else using the USBUIRT? Maybe JRMC? If not when learning you must hold the remote pretty close, like 1-4 inches away from the USB-UIRT.

I've reactivated your old account.
    Ron
    No support through PM

I just tried after closing Jriver MC and server. Also tried moving closer to the USB-UIRT (But if the light is blinking indicating that it is receiving the signal shouldn't Girder see it as well?)

If I log in with my old ID can this thread be ported over to that somehow? or should I just continue with this ID for this particular thread?

just start answering in your old ID. Are you on X64 or X86?
    Ron
    No support through PM

Yeah. I figured that out about 20 seconds after I posted the question.

Running Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit. Clean install not upgrade.

The USB-UIRT does work within JRiver MC and is also able to learn commands etc... (Within JRiver MC.) But it only has a limited command set for running MC and not for running commands outside of MC.

Which is why I am again looking at Girder. That plus as previously mentioned the possibility of running my Z-Wave components. (All of this via my Harmony Elite universal remote)

Carl.
    Last edited by jctcom; November 9th, 2015 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Clarification

I'll dig out the USB-UIRT tomorrow and have a look.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Looks like I am not going to be able to get this done today. Tomorrow we're closed for Veterans day, so hopefully I'll be able to look at it on Thursday. Please give the 32 bit version a try, it might to better with the USB-UIRT driver.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ok. So I uninstalled the 64-Bit and installed the 32-bit. I managed to get it to learn an IR code from the remote I am trying to use. (Not sure if it was actually the changing to 32-bit or discovering that I really do need to get the remote within about 2 inches of the USB-UIRT during learning). Why does the sensitivity of the device change so much during the learning process?

In any case. Now I need to figure out how to attach the windows Keyboard shortcut that I want to use with this button? I would like windows to perform a "Ctrl+Alt+J" but I don't see anywhere in Girder to tell it this?

Maybe I am in the wrong place? Here is a screen shot of what I have so far: aid.jct.ca/girder/button1.jpg (You will have to add the h t t p etc... in front as I am not allowed to included web links yet.)

Not sure how to get the image to show inline so that will have to do for now.

Thanks.

Can anyone give me the info I requested above to get me started on this? I would like to figure this out before my trial expires.

Thanks.

Carl.

Enable the keyboard Control plugin. Then add a Keyboard\Send To Foreground action. I haven't tried but does *@J work? See actions\keyboard section in the manual.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast