Thread: Girder Remote starts background process

Default Girder Remote starts background process

I've currently got a couple of Girder instances (one Windows and one Pi), which I control with Girder Remote running in a second RDP session (and a different user than the frontend session) on the Windows machine.

What I notice is that even though I'm starting Girder Remote I am left with a running Girder background process each time - leaving me with a bunch of Girder.exe running in the RDP user session.

Running Girder Remote on another windows machine in the foreground does not have this behaviour, and the Girder.exe disappears when I close the program.

I'm trying to figure out your setup. Can you explain how I can reproduce the behavior you mention?
    Ron
    No support through PM

It's a bit tricky, but I'll give it a try. :-)

I'm on Windows 10 and use the RDP Wrapper to enable multi session/user support. This basically lets me open new RDP sessions to the machine as a different user, without interfering with the foreground console session.

Then I run a autostarted Girder in the Windows console session, which is also running an instance of Kodi.

In order to interface with Girder I then log in to the Windows machine with RDP as a different user and run "Girder Remote".

This works just fine, expect that the Girder Remote instance keeps a background Girder.exe running after it has been closed down. So after several such sessions I have loads of Girder.exe running in the RDP session.

The problem is not Windows 10 specific, if I remember correctly it behaved like this on Windows 7 also. Though I haven't tried it, I would not be surprised if this behaviour is the same for RDP sessions to a Windows Server machine.