Thread: Speech Reg and mouse clicks, help

Default Speech Reg and mouse clicks, help

Hi all, purchased a PIR-1 and playing around with Girder 6 trial software. Great products and going to upgrade after the 30 days.

I down loaded the Comcast codes, Xfinity X1 to be precise, and put together a virtual remote control on my laptop. Works great, kind of surprised my self as I'm not all that savvy with computers. Was able to get Windows Speech Recognition working with it, and it all works pretty darn good.

Problem.

When I say PLAY, the cursor moves to the PLAY button and clicks, but holds. I have to say PLAY again to get the command to trigger. A minor problem and probably a simple fix, but I'm stuck here. Any help would be great.

Ken

That is very strange I've not seen that before. What version of Windows are you running and what exact voice command do you give?
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    That is very strange I've not seen that before. What version of Windows are you running and what exact voice command do you give?
    Windows 10. I gave the example PLAY, found in the code list, in the device manager. This happens with all them though, PAGE UP, CHANNEL DOWN, doesn't matter which. I'm not sure this matters, but in the list almost all the codes are listed twice. At first I assumed the first was ON, the second was OFF. Not sure I'm kind of new at this. Hope this clarifies my problem.

Ken

Did you setup the speech recognition via the device manager Edit->Voice Settings or are you using it via NetRemote Dynamic like in this video?

https://www.promixis.com/videos.php?v=voice_control
    Ron
    No support through PM

Like the video.

I just tested here on Windows 10 64 bit with Windows speech recognition and the latest Girder 6. I am not seeing the button being held down. I am wondering if you have other assistive tech running that is conflicting. If you have time during working hours maybe we can do a remote support session and you can show me what is going on.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I just tested here on Windows 10 64 bit with Windows speech recognition and the latest Girder 6. I am not seeing the button being held down. I am wondering if you have other assistive tech running that is conflicting. If you have time during working hours maybe we can do a remote support session and you can show me what is going on.
    Good thing you mentioned using other tech that might conflict. I do use X Mouse Button Control with a Kensington trackball. Disabled it, and boom, all works perfectly. Thanks a lot Ron. Great product btw.

Excellent, always good when we figure these things out this easily!
    Ron
    No support through PM