Thread: This program will not run while system debuggers are active

Default This program will not run while system debuggers are active

I just upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and Girder 4 no longer starts up. This error message is shown:
    For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again
    This thread may have a solution (I am not allowed to post full links, please prepend the appropriate showthread questionmark url):
    12536-Debugging-plugins

where Ron says:
    If you are refering to G4 I had to increase the level of protection on the executable, contact me if you want a executable that allows you to debug.

Unfortunately support for Girder 4 has ended. The last release for Girder 4 was about 10 years ago. Sorry.
    Ron
    No support through PM

If I upgraded my G4 whole home license to a G6 whole home, could you throw in a G4 version with the system debugger protection removed (in the hopes that it would be enough to get it running on Win10)? I'm looking for a quick fix until I have the opportunity to evaluate the situation properly.

Unfortunately the Girder 4 development system was long retired, I simply can't get you a unprotected G4. I'd help if I could.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I'd help if I could.
    Thanks, I appreciate that.

OT: I'd just like to take the opportunity to thank you for introducing me to Lua through Girder. Such a lovely programming language to work in. The last 10 years of my life wouldn't have been the same without it.

That's awesome, did you end up working with Lua professionally or strictly hobby (/Girder)?
    Ron
    No support through PM

It is/has been a hobby, but I certainly would have pushed to work with Lua professionally given the opportunity. My health gradually got worse thanks to a chronic illness, forcing me into early retirement from professional programming almost 10 years ago. Lua has since then kept me from completely losing connection with the world of software development, keeping my not always too clear mind busy with small projects and following the entertaining Lua mailing list. I got aware of and learned Lua through Girder 4, which for all this time has been running in the background making my computers and electronic appliances easy to use together.

Sorry to hear about the chronic illness. I see a lot of things through the PEAC work ( automation for people with disabilities, e.g. ALS ) and it can be heart wrenching.

Lua is a fun language and the list certainly entertaining. Sorry I couldn't be of more help with G4 and Windows 10.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help with G4 and Windows 10.
    I didn't really expect much to be honest, just thought "What the heck, it doesn't hurt to ask".