Thread: Philips Hue Support coming

Default Philips Hue Support coming

We're working on Philips Hue support and have basic interaction working. If anyone wants to mess around (at scripting level ) I've attached the source and GML showing how to use this.

Things left to do:

1. Add auto bridge detection
    2. Add Device Manager integration

Unzip the attached files into your Girder directory.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ron
    No support through PM

I just purchased 8 LIFX bulbs. Are there any plans to implement the LIFX API at any point? I haven't bought my G6 license yet, but I'm seriously considering working it into my budget in the next few weeks and you guys would definitely fill a void if you worked out something with the LIFX LAN API. Right now the bulb control is dependent on an internet connection, which is a weakness, IMHO. I don't think that there is any way to control them over the LAN without a server and that sounds to me like a perfect job for Girder!
    Beware of the robot.

I'm glad to see hue support coming Ron. Any idea when device manager integration will come? I've been planning on adding some hue products for quite some time and I think that time is coming soon.

Thanks,
    Casey

I spent the last couple of days playing around with a set of 2nd gen hue bulbs and I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed. It's hard for me to believe Philips put these on the market at such a ridiculous price as pathetic as they are at creating greens and blues. I also found the brightness to be a bit lacking so I've decided I'm returning them and getting LIFX Z strips.

From what I can tell the LIFX products are superior in color, brightness, and responsiveness. The problem I see is their LAN protocol is some sort of binary protocol over UDP/IP and I'm having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around it so I don't know that it's something I can handle writing. This is the unfortunate side of Girder. I think it's a great product and Ron is a great guy but I think he stays pretty busy and doesn't have enough time or resources to add all the products and features folks would like to see. Anyway, If I happen to figure anything out I'll be sure to post it for anyone interested.

Casey