Thread: Insteon Thermostat from Girder?

Hybrid View

Question Insteon Thermostat from Girder?

I purchased a new Insteon 2441TH thermostat to add to my system but am having trouble integrating it into Girder. I want to define several temperature/setting setpoints and then have Girder control it. I have Girder 6 running on a raspberry pi connected to a Insteon PLM. I tried to link the thermostat as a responder and girder as a controller. The thermostat appears in the devices tab but does not appear in the main devices list (see attached picture). How do I get it to the main list so I can actually control it? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insteonthermostat.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	7040  

Looks like that code is currently disabled. If you are so inclined to can turn it on by changing line 38 from
    Code:
    --]]
    to

Code:
    -- ]]
    (add a space between the dashes and the brackets). The code might need tweaking...

Edit: Of course I should mention which file that is: <lua>insteonPLM/profiles/Cat5.lua
    Last edited by Ron; December 20th, 2016 at 08:20 PM.
    Ron
    No support through PM

I made the change and the thermostat now appears in my list. However, it doesn't seem to respond to any commands sent from girder. I tried changing the setpoint to different temperatures as well as the mode (off, heat, fan) and the thermostat doesn't change.

I am still unable to control the insteon thermostats via Girder and the PLM. I have no problem controlling anything else in the house, just can't control the thermostats. I do see the thermostats after making the suggested change. But it just doesn't respond to any commands. Any other suggestions you can offer?