Thread: Netremote Dynamic - Replace a Button with an image?

Hybrid View

Default Netremote Dynamic - Replace a Button with an image?

How can I completely replace a button with an image in NRD? If I enter an image in the button properties, it just overlays that image over the button. I want the button to BE the image... Right now I can make all of the button colors clear, and remove the caption, but the grey outline of the button remains. How do I get rid of that as well so all I see is the image?

If you are using NRD on a Windows device edit ControlProperties.qml see post #3

C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder 6\ui\dynamicButtons\ControlProperties.qml

Edited file
    ControlProperties.qml
    Last edited by Yoggi; January 5th, 2017 at 10:46 AM.

Perfect thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoggi View Post
    If you are using NRD on a Windows device edit ControlProperties.qml see post #3

C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder 6\ui\dynamicButtons\ControlProperties.qml

Edited file
    ControlProperties.qml

After doing some testing with this modified file, I discovered something weird. If I set the border size to "0" (making the button completely transparent) it works however if I navigate away to another page and then come back to the page with the button, the border returns to the button. Like the value does not save if you leave the page and come back. Any idea why that is happening or how to fix it?

Another question... is it also possible to toggle between two images on a device manager button? For example, replace the button with an image of a light bulb. When light is on, display a yellow light bulb image. When light is off, display a grey light bulb image?

I think we need to figure out how NRD saves values and were. If you export a NRD page everything is in tabels/lists, maybe kv values are used. I noticed from my page export that border property is missing and there for is gone when the page is reloded (when one goes back).

Hopefully Ron will read this and respond with a fix. I posted this same request in your other thread as well.

NR Dynamic is good but it just needs a little more care and feeding to be great. I am still running G5 with the old Netremote simply because the touch screen interface I was able to create with NR Designer is something I still cannot exactly replicate using Dynamic. Designer had a bit of a learning curve but it still did not really require any coding skills for the most part (something I cannot do). There is no way I can use QML, that's way out of my league. I voiced these concerns about a year ago and sadly there hasn't been much of any further progress on NRD since then. I thought I'd give Dynamic another go but I still am unable to fully commit and make the switch to G6.

FYI - all of those KV buttons and sliders - those were added by Ron following my original requests after playing with NRD... a thread that has received almost 10,000 views since my first post back on April 22, 2015!!

https://www.promixis.com/forums/show...ghlight=jndreu