Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Netremote Dynamic - Replace a Button with an image?

Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to look at it yet, sorry... hopefully will get to it soon. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not NR Dynamic can meet my needs - the interface I built (and still use) with the old NR Designer and G5 simply cannot me matched with NR Dynamic and I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point.

Hi Ron,

You might have thought of this and decided not to.

What about opening up Girder for third party remote control apps like NetIO, iRule, iridium etc.

My thinking is that users that are caught between what can be done with NRD and the hurdle of learning qml would be able to get the interface they want but this might also allow users of these third party control apps to use a Girder as a backend to control things they wouldn’t otherwise be able to use and this might generate new customers for you.

I remember asking you if the control protocol between NetRemote and Girder was a secret and your answer was that it wasn’t but you didn’t want it public since that would prevent you from making changes to it.

What if you clearly declare that the protocol might change and that users that use it needs to be aware that they might need to update their control app code that communicates with Girder if there is an update to Girder. Or create a costume protocol for third party control apps that might not change unless it has to.

Just my two cents.

Joachim
    Last edited by Yoggi; February 12th, 2017 at 12:53 PM.

Hi Ron,

Did you see my post? Any chance you could answer? What I am hoping for is a more open way of using Girder, as I don’t want to lose the grate capabilities Girder is providing but I would like see easier integration with other home automation software (easy two way communication). Maybe a two way plugin?

Regards,
    Joachim

We have a HTTP interface available... gir/deviceManager.lhtml and gir/triggerEvent.lhtml
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hi Ron,

Yes I know, but I am trying to stay away from the use of an additional web server. Please consider making Girders communication interface public (the one used between NetRemote and Girder)!

Any upgrades/new features to Girder and NetRemote in the pipelines?

Regards,
    Joachim

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    NRD saves all it's values as JSON tables in the KV system.

The design goal for NRD was to create a simple to use front-end for Girder. Simple to use precludes have a lot of options to change things. So if you need something that is not in there at the moment you might have graduated to the next level! The next level can be one of two things. grinder info

1. You can change the source code of NRD (It's just .qml files). best web post
    2. You can build from scratch, QML is very powerful and you can create exactly what you want! Without a compiler or other investment. It's a markup language with embedded Javascript.
    I'm also tying to change the button with my own custom image. Don't know much about QML other than the fact that it's used to design UI in Qt. But since you've said it's a markup language with embedded Java script I'll install Qt creator and see what I can tweak.
    Last edited by metacube; June 3rd, 2018 at 01:28 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123