Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Netremote Dynamic - Replace a Button with an image?

A. If you enter "girder" as the hostname the webserver does not need to run. It uses the existing connection.

B. Currently that is a design limitation unfortunately. Also I 'm not sure I'd pass the iOS app requirements displaying external documents directly.

C. Yes me too.

You might not realize this but I'm at least as frustrated as you about all this. Promixis is a tiny company not raking in big cash. We have to make due with what money comes in and can spend development time in accordance with what makes money. You have to realize that we are now directly competing with Amazon, Apple, Google and Samsung, Philips, Wemo, SmartThings, etc..., with extremely deep pockets. That is a pretty tough spot to be in for a small business.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hi Ron,

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Did you see my edited text (bold text) in my post?

Regarding your answer to question A, I didn’t know of that option. I might have missed that (although I do my best to read the documentation) or not understood the documentation. Thanks I will try that!

I understand Promixis is a small company and that you are in a fight with the big dragons. I don't want Amazon, Apple, Google Samsung … etc. I want something like Girder, so I ask how can I as a Promixis customer help?

Could we start a pay for feature request? Have a kick starer like approach and when the amount needed for the development of a certain feature is meet the development starts!

I wouldn’t mind contributing if I could get a feature I wanted!

Encourage user to write guides and upload code and working examples!

Regards,

Joachim

I have not previous seen the iTunes file sharing part. Do apps have access to that data? If so that would be a way forward.

I would love to have more user involvement, there are simply too many protocols out there for me to keep up. What do you think would encourage people to contribute docs/code?

Pay for feature - that is probably a good idea. Historically software companies have two ways of doing this. Pay for Plugins ( aka nickle and diming your customer ) or new major versions. The customer knows exactly what they get as it's already done. The downside risk is that the company could be developing a feature people don't want and will not pay for. The 'kick-starter' model allows customer to vote on features with their money. If a feature reaches the milestone the company gets the money and implements it. If a feature doesn't reach the milestone the company doesn't waste development time. Sounds like a win for everyone.

The income generated by 'kick-starting' a feature would not cover the development cost ( development is expensive in time, and time is money ), so I would not price a feature to cost but scale it with development cost to some reasonable number that 10 people putting money down ( each <= $50 ) could put together. Once feature is developed it goes into the G6 code base and becomes available for everyone.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Thanks, adding "girder" worked fine once I figured out how to write the link/path (http://girder/test/test.qml), file "qlmdir" is still needed but that’s fine now that I know.

Info related to above problem: Folder named "test" placed it in Girders web sever root folder (httpd), Girder web server not running .

In order to encourage people to contribute I think a wiki functionality is needed. The current forum is thread based and this makes it hard to find or add information so that it can be found. A wiki would allow us to collaborate, create and publish content.

I can see my self adding to a wiki just for the convenience of knowing were to find all information I gathered last time I had a problem and need to retrace my steps.

scale it with development cost to some reasonable number that 10 people putting money down ( each <= $50 ) could put together. Once feature is developed it goes into the G6 code base and becomes available for everyone.
    This sounds just fine to me, I have nothing against paying <= $50 to vote for a development of feature that goes into the code base. This way I might get the feature I want, our I might get it faster than I otherwise would.

Joachim
    Last edited by Yoggi; January 8th, 2017 at 07:22 PM.

Ron
    No support through PM

Hi jndreu,

I have iron out the problems i had and it appears to work just fine. There might still be some issue that I haven't found, but the problems I faced was mainly hiding the border value field (in the user interface part of label, button and other components in editing mode) for controls that didn’t have/used borders.

I can send you files if you are interested, but before you try out the modified files you need to backup your current NRD user interface (export *.dyb file from NRD) as there is a risk it might get damage/deleted.

These modified files will not work for NRD on Android or ios as there is no way to get to the .qml files ("baked in with the app") and edit them, at least not that i know of.

Joachim

Rename your current "dynamicButtons" in order not to overwrite it, and keep it as a backup.

C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder 6\ui\dynamicButtons

dynamicButtons.zip
    Last edited by Yoggi; January 11th, 2017 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added zipped dynamicButtons folder

I realized that I answered a previous question of yours (that I read in an another post), toggle image button.

Hi jndreu,

Regarding your question, Netremote Dynamic - Replace a Button with an image?

If you have saved your current NRD user interface (and you know how to reinstate it) and you have the two image files "lightbulb_0.png" and "lightbulb_1.png" in your "httpd" folder (C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder 6\httpd) you can try to import home2.zip (this will overwrite current file so make sure to backup).

This should more or less give you what you are asking for, there is the problem of the border but the answer to that is in my previous post!

I had to zip home2.dyb in order to upload it so it needs to be unzipped (file of file typ .dyb gave me an error message).

If you study the settings of the KV button I am sure you can recreate it!

Joachim
    Last edited by Yoggi; January 11th, 2017 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks, I'll have a look at your files...

I have figured out how to toggle an image on a KV button using info Ron provided in a previous post to my question and the two image files. However the two things I would like to know now are:

1) Have you or Ron figured out how to make the border on the button go away for good, and not come back after leaving and coming back to a NRD page?

2) Is it possible to do the same image toggle that I'm doing on a KV button for a Device Manager button?

I've taken the wiki back down. I was just fighting spam. Anyone that wants to contribute can do so on the forum and I am more than happy to make a sub forum with useful posts.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Hi jndreu,

Did you have any luck with border 0 (post #16)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast