Thread: Connecting Netremote Dynamic and Girder

Default Connecting Netremote Dynamic and Girder

Let me apologise in advance for a question that I suspect will result in a "read the manual" answer. I did look at both the Netremote and Girdir6 documentation and review the forums.

I can create a dynamic Netremote.

I can add buttons to the required pages for devices I added into Girder. E.g. I can add a button for "Play" from the selected BluRay player chosen from the appropriate list in Device Manager.

If I click an event button I can see it appear in the Girdir logger..

When I click the button for "Play" I cannot see anything happen in Girder at all.

What am I missing ? Did I miss a step to connect the two ? Is it all happening in the background ?

Any assistance from the community would be appreciated.

Buttons in the Device Manager that are 'event buttons' like Infra Red outputs do not show up in the log. First make sure that you can trigger the IR code from the Device manager it self.

Press button marked "1" in the picture. Does the IR output device work ( b.t.w. what device are you using?)

Second make sure that the IR output device is GREEN here and that you have selected the correct output. In the picture above the output device is not available and IR transmission will just not work!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	7044  
    Ron
    No support through PM

Thank you for your response.

To clarify just so I am on the same page as you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NetRemote image.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	7046

If I press an event button in NetRemote an entry appears in Girdir log as shown below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Log image.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	7045

If I press a button that was created in NetRemote by selecting an action from a nominate device I don't see anything.

Correct. So to diagnose this I got back in the chain. By triggering the IR send on the Device Manager page we rule out trouble elsewhere.
    Ron
    No support through PM