Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new install girder 6 on raspberry pi3 struggling

Default Rebuild for latest Raspbian Stretch please

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I've rebuild Girder against the latest RPI jessie. Give it a go now. If it still doesn't work report back with the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/promixis.list
    Hi Ron!

Would you be so kind as to build Girder for the latest Raspbian Stretch for me please?
    That would be awesome!

Robert Heessels

Hi Ron,

Happy New Year!!

I installed Girder without any problems on a Pi 3 with Jesse-Lite to use it as a back-end with my PIR-4. I started the "Girder6Service" and received "Girder License Path "/etc/xdg/Promixis/"". I remembered from your sticky that "you'll need to run the license app for each user that needs Girder on your Linux system". I ran the license command several different ways (including my name and license key), but each time I run "./license --show", it displays "No license found". What's the correct syntax?

I saw some other posts talking about a "Girder 6.ini" but that file was not installed during installation.

Please advise - THANK YOU!

Ahhhhh! A new day and a fresh cup of coffee!!

I read your "Girder 6 on Linux " sticky this morning and found this gem: "Note that you'll need to run front-end once as root to install the license code." I installed Girder on a fresh install of Jessie (with GUI) and entered my license information when prompted during start-up. I saw right away what my problem was. The license string has to be in quotes! It's always something soooo simple! I copied the new "Girder 6.ini" file that was just created to "/etc/xdg/Promixis" in my previous "Lite" instance and it's working fine now.

My suggestion is to make a note in the "Girder 6 on Raspberry Pi" sticky to include:

Please create a "Girder 6.ini" file with:

license="<your license name>\<your license key>"

Do not forget to include the "\" and the "quotes", place it in: /etc/xdg/Promixis, then reboot.

Some other information that might be helpful:

Start "Girder Remote" on your front-end device, in the "Local Network" tab wait for the hostname of your back-end device(s) to populate (may take 30+ seconds), enter the default "girder" password and click "OK" to start.

Last edited by mgorin; January 14th, 2018 at 10:14 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12