Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timer ... ?

Well , everything that I asked seems already not to work for me , so , maybe there's some timer in girder , so like every few seconds I can check which window is active, and enable that group ?

or maybe I can enable groups from external program ? (because I can do checking with my own program..)

thanks...

there is a timer plugin available.. Alarm Timer 1.1. It comes with Girder, you just have to enable it. But there's a better one you can get from the download page. It's called Time Server.
    But I you want to react on window switching, there's a better aproach. Use the Task Switch plugin instead.
    If you want to trigger an event by an external command, you can do so by calling girder.exe and using the -eventstring <name>
    command line option.

Ingo

Ingo : but where would I find that Task Switch plug-in ? I couldn't find it anywhere :sad:

TaskSwitch should be included in the package as you download it.

hmm ... didn't find it there , I'll try to download ...

p.s. I downloaded that TimeServer, but girder gives me free space instead of it name in plugins install , and doesn't want to install it : (

TaskSwitch is in :
    Settings/Hardware Plugins

thanks, I didn't even look for it in hardware plugins

but it just switches between tasks ?

or does it identify what tasks has focus now also and how?

no, it doens't do anything, it's an input plugin. It detects a taskswitch an executes the corresponding Girder command.

Ingo

wait... then I did something wrong ...

I got it in that second Tab, where like "volume change and mute" is...

so I choose it, and when I do "test command" it switches tasks ...

so, how would I use it to detects what task is there right now ?

thanks

ok, you got the wrong task switcher.... try this one:

1. make shure you have TaskSwitch enabled in File -> Settings -> Hardware Plugins, disable, enable plugins once to make shure it's realy enabled.
    2. create a command.
    3. apply lets say a osd popup
    4. select the command
    5. make shure the drop down box on the left of the Learn Event button contains All
    6. make shure you can access the window you want to switch to with just one click
    7. click on Learn event
    8. click on the titelbar of the window that should activate the OSD popup (or whatever command you want)
    9. test it: activate any other window and switch back to the one that causes the OSD to pop up.

This should do it, if not, just continue to ask... (but you won't receive an answer from me tonight... I have to get up early....)

Ingo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast