Thread: RemotePoint Plus plug-in development

I've started writing a plug-in for this serially attached device. The problem is after Girder loads, queries the strings and dev# and unloads all the HW .dlls, it crashes with an access violation. Of course, if I don't have my new .dll in the hardware directory Girder starts up fine.

Has anyone seen this with their development setup? I don't have the source or symbols for girder.exe so I cannot tell what call is jumping into the weeds.

Thanks

Do you do any initing of hardware or
    variables in the init_dll ? The function
    called from DLLmain ?

did you set the compiler to use __stdcalls ?

-Ron

I should have been more specific. Sorry.

I've done NOTHING in the init_dll section and only responded to the queries for strings and the device number. All other function code was commented out to isolate the problem. As for the __stdcalls, I haven't done anything specifc but I'll take a look at the settings tomorrow morning. I'll also comment out the string code to see if that is causing corruption. I'm using MS VC++ 6.0 (if that makes any difference). I see all of the HW .dlls load (through the debug output window) including some loaded before and some loaded after mine; but, no software .dlls. So I'm assuming the call/return is working. Maybe this is the problem though.

Thanks for the ideas. I have to get home to the wife.

Excellent! The __stdcalls was the culprit. Just as you thought. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know when I complete this.

I'm hoping to use Girder to automate some of the demos we do at work. We have a mixture of CE IR, IRDA and this mouse thing and having one application for scripting the actions should save us a lot of effort.

I have completed this plug-in. Would you like a copy?

That would be nice!

Just send them to my email address.

-Ron