Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Girder 3.2 Joystick plugin

Default New Girder 3.2 Joystick plugin

I have written a new joystick plugin for Girder 3.2 that enumerates and simultaneously uses up to 8 joysticks. It works thru DirectX8+. Right now it does 2 axis (digital threshold) and 128 buttons. It appears to be working great for me
    Anybody want it. I will upload it and the source to sourceforge if I find much interest.
    I used the old DX8 plugin, but it did not seem to work with girder 3.2 (I think it was written for 3.0) and only did one joystick. Couldnt get the source from the author, so I wrote my own.
    cheers,
    -sundance
    Sundance.

Yeah! Please upload it, There are quite a few people wanting to use it! Do you need a plugin number?
    Ron
    No support through PM

sure. I am using 2069 right now.
    Sundance.

@sundance

Nice to see a new joystick-plugin coming out. I missed this for so long time.

Thx sundance. I have many use for this.

BTW: wasn't there a sourceforge-page for all this small girder plugins from different authors who wan't to share their code?
    Bitmonster

BTW: wasn't there a sourceforge-page for all this small girder plugins from different authors who wan't to share their code?
    Try this page.
    Mark F

You get plugin ID 90.
    Ron
    No support through PM

ok. I will make the change and post a source and bin pack on sourceforge and your site tonight (or so, if BF1942 doesnt steer me in the wrong direction).
    Used it to play a round of "You Dont Know Jack2" using wireless gamepads last night. worked good.
    Sundance.

Well, I havent uploaded anything to Sourceforge before, and it looks like I will have to do a little reading. I have used cvs before, so that should make it easier. As for girder.nl, I thought maybe I could do an anon ftp or something, to no avail.
    Here are the plugin files (now using id 90).
    Ron- could you put them on your site, or tell me how to do it? I dont see any instructions.

http://home.comcast.net/~sundanse/jo...ypadSource.zip
    http://home.comcast.net/~sundanse/joypad/joypad.dll

good luck.
    -ck
    Sundance.

Great work sundance.

But I have some small suggestions:

1. If no joystick is connected, the plugin gives an error. That's what it should do so far. But if I then press the OK-button, girder crashes completely.

2. I have a joypad with a digital XY-axis and an analog Z-axis. Would it be much work to extend the plugin for the Z-axis? Would it also be possible to get more analog-axis from different joysticks?
    I want to disassemble this joypad and use the buttons for some actions that can be started directly from the PC case. Also I would like to use the analog Z-axis to control volume.

3. Is it possible to get 8-way control events? Currently I only get left, right, up and down. But it would be nice to get up-left, up-right, down-left and down-right also as an event.
    Bitmonster

@sundance,

To publish the plugin I'll need:

1. Your full name ( email optional)
    2. Plugin name
    3. Plugin version
    4. Plugin description
    5. Link (optional)
    6. Zip file with a small readme (or link to zipfile with readme)

Please send this information to support@... girder ... nl

Sorry about the misunderstanding about uploading
    Ron
    No support through PM

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast