Thread: Problem using the Cretive iNFRA plugin

I have Creative iNFRA6000 CD-ROM drive, installed software: Creative Disk Detector version: 1.55, Creative Remote Manager version: 2.00, both downloaded from Internet and working well. Also I have IRman and installed software Girder version: 3.0.20 - working well with IRman. Both remote control systems work good together and separately. The problem arise when I include the David Grainer's Cretive iNFRA plugin in the Girder's hardware plugin directory. The following sequence of error massages occur when restarting for the application to take effect:
    "Cannot open sharedmemory segment"
    "Cannot open Semaphore segment"
    "Cannot map segment"
    Even if I choose the plugin from the Girder's Settings Window and restart, the situation is the same as above. It is still the same if I remove the IRman and try to change the Girder's settings to use only the Cretive iNFRA plugin.

Can anyboby help me please?

"Cannot open sharedmemory segment"
    "Cannot open Semaphore segment"
    "Cannot map segment"
    This should only happend if you use an old Girder. Could you check the version that you are using ?

-Ron

I download the latest versin the same day I post my message. The version now is 3.0.21. The situation is still the same exept all the error messages -i.e. there is no any messages, but nothing happend again.

The situation is still the same even with Girder V 3.0.22 - pre1. No error messages, no action....nothing.

I've got this reply from David Grainger,

Would like to emphasize that this driver is for the RS232 iNFRA interface as
    sold with DVD encore package and DOES NOT work with the CD - iINFRA
    Maybe this helps to clarify the problem.

-Ron

Well...
    This explains everything.
    I am apologize for disturbing you Ron, David.

Hi,
    I know the Creative driver is for RS-232, but i wanted to know if someone have info on the IDE version ( IDE CDROM's with built in reciever), since this I have few drives like this, and they are also very cheap ( and it still a CD-ROM )
    If anyone has info please let me know, and maybe a driver can be written for this.

Bye,
    Shay Levy.

Hey, "Levyshay"

I wasn't too clear on exactly what you were askoing for above but is the Creative Infra CDROM drive's Driver that you want a copy of???

Hey Wrenanto,
    No, I have the driver, But this driver works only with the creative program which doesn't let you do much with it.
    I want to use the reciever on this drive for girder, So I need info on it.

Shay Levy.