Thread: LabVIEW interface

Default LabVIEW interface

Greetings,

I've been playing around with Girder for a few weeks now and decided that it would be useful to interface Girder with LabVIEW (a costly, but very versatile automation/analysis envrionment).

So, I've built some LabVIEW VIs that implement a Girder Internet Event client and server. I've also created a simple VI wrapper that calls the gir_send_event_easy function.

I've sent the files to Ron, so they should be up soon.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Ron
    No support through PM

I have you got any simple example of using labview with Girder ?

although I found LW a very good SW (tremendous capabilities) , I don't really see in which way Girder is usefull for LW :roll:

regards

Quote Originally Posted by junior
    I have you got any simple example of using labview with Girder ?

although I found LW a very good SW (tremendous capabilities) , I don't really see in which way Girder is usefull for LW :roll:

regards
    Well, I haven't developed any specific applications yet, but I developed the plugin mostly to expand the interface possibilities with LabVIEW applications I am developing.

Mostly, I use LabVIEW for high speed data acquisition systems, and Girder would allow me an alternate way of controlling and comminicating with such applications remotely...or even controlling them with a remote control, etc...

For a home setup, most (all?) of what you can do in LabVIEW can probably be done with Girder and LUA scripts. The exception would be interfacing with various control boards such as relay controls and such.

Kevin

Just saw this post... I am a retired Ford IT system integrator that programmed with Labview for the past 14 years.... may still get back into it when I recover from my back surgery.

John