Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug? Keyboard action: SHIFT + special key

Default Bug? Keyboard action: SHIFT + special key

I am using Girder 3.3.1b. and I want to assign the remote control button for a WinDVD5 keyboard shortcut -- Volumn control.
    I found that SHIFT+{ARROW} action is not working in Girder. So I carried out the following test:

I have tried in the notepad and assigned a remote button for a keyboard action (SHIFT+UP). In this test, I only got the UP keypress result.
    However, when I tried function key, e.g. F5. It works! :-?

So, is it a bug? Do anyone have the same question like me?

Thanks.

are you trying to detect shift up or are you trying to send shift up to an application?

I can verify the same behavior with shift and any arrow key. I was trying to write a script to highlight some text in notepad. I used "Shift" + "End" and it just did "End", when it should have highlighted the whole line. Then I wanted to use "Shift" + "Left" a couple times in a row, but I got the same behavior as before.

Jesse

Yes, I am trying to send SHIFT+{ARROW KEY} to my WinDVD5 application.

I'll look into it.
    Ron
    No support through PM

FYI...I am having the same problem. I am using the Shift check box, and the special key RIGHT. The Arrow going, bu not the shift. I know this because the arrow for this particular function causes the volume to change, which is what is happening.
    Thanks

Roger

Also ALT+{RETURN} sends only 'Enter' key without ALT to DScaler (4.18) - it shows OSD (enter) instead of going fullscreen (alt + enter).

I haven't seen an acknowledgement from anyone on this. I wonder if they are watching, and what the expectations should be for a fix of this type of thing. Seems to me like a pretty basic need to have these keys working on the product.
    Thanks

Roger

As Ron mentioned above, we are looking into it.

I apologize. I don't know how I missed Ron's post. Probably did a page down or somethign and passed it.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast