Thread: A solution for winfast remote pb when resuming from suspend

Default A solution for winfast remote pb when resuming from suspend

hi,
    I'm a new girder user. I just started and i'm in the tryout period.
    I encountered a problem with my winfast TV2000 deluxe remote : when resuming from suspend, the plugin (device #223) is not active.
    I tried a multicommand that activated the plugin with a OnResumeSuspend command. It did not work. The command itself works because I tested with an OSD message. But the "device activation" command does not work.
    I found a solution : using the old version of the plugin. The "simple" winfast TV2000 plugin (not the deluxe one).
    The resuming from suspend, the plugin is perfectly activated by the OnResumeSuspend ->Activate device command.
    BUT but but, as the old version of the remote has less buttons than the new one, some buttons share the same code. And I did not find any workaround in this board.
    Any workaround for that problem (excepted using the "deluxe" plugin, of course, because od the suspend problem).
    Thanks

The remote code masks are slightly different between those two plugins (0x8f8 in the Deluxe vs. 0xf8 in the WinFast regular). You could always change the mask in the regular one to match the Deluxe mask, and you should be good to go, as that extra bit is the one which differentiates between some of the duplicate keys you are seeing!

Brian.

Or I suppose the alternative is to remove the gir_info() from the Deluxe version of the plugin, as that is the function that puts it into the suspend mode, and it is simply not implemented in the older Winfast plugin... :wink:

Brian.

Thanks for these informations, but the only trouble I have is with the left/right arrows that are used for volume. they have the same code as the fastforward/rewind buttons. I use a shift button to activate the volume, and it works perfectly.
    A new client :lol:

Default Something new

The next part of my adventures.
    I made the winfast deluxe remote working, after resuming from hibernation ... with the "deluxe" plugin (before it only worked with the "simple" one).
    It works only :
    - if my computer goes to hibernation with the power button
    - if if have a command enabling the #223 device when resuming from suspend

It doesn't work if the computer is put in hibernation with a command and a remote key.