Thread: CaddX Security System

Default CaddX Security System

Does anyone else out there have a CaddX security system that they interface to with a computer? I just purchased the NX-8E security system because I plan on integrating it with Girder via the RS232 serial port plugin.

In the next month or so (after I receive the system) I am going to try to figure out the serial plugin and write the configuration necessary to talk to the security system. I will most likely be asking for help here too!

If anyone is interested in the protocol, it is well documented at http://www.bass-home.com/Manuals/Caddx/HADoc_1.cfm. Or if you have a CaddX system and have already found a better way to work with it, let me know!

Thanks,

Jesse

Does anyone else out there have a CaddX security system that they interface to with a computer?
    Yep. To bad its not me

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?...c=467&hl=caddx

Many Homeseer users have their Caddx systems tied into HS using a plugin written by Nitrox, as do I. Check the HS message board for more info, www.homeseer.com.

huggy59,

I came across that about a week ago. It seems very powerful. I may try it out and if I don't like it, go back to trying to do it in Girder.

Jesse

Jesse, this should be doable with the serial plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Jesse, this should be doable with the serial plugin.
    Did anyone manage to get Girder to speak nicely to a CADDX system? I'm planning on getting one for our new house (well, the local equivalent, called Networx in Australia).

Not that I know of but if you can find the protocol document for it we can help you to get something going. (The link above no longer seems to work unfortunately).
    --Rob

Default Caddx RS232 Protocol

Hi Rob

Attached are a couple documents - one is the Protocol doc for the Nx584 (the Nx584 is an addon rs232 module that can be added to some Caddx/Networx systems, but some of them have this module built in). The other is the installation doc, but not sure how useful that will be.

I am a while off getting my system, but I'm sure that someone else will be able to test out anything that is produced!

Cheers

Kane
    Attached Files Attached Files

It looks doable, but will probably be a fair amount of work.
    --Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    It looks doable, but will probably be a fair amount of work.
    I was only going for a Caddx system because I thought it had pretty easy integration abilities. Are there any other alarm systems available that could more easily be integrated into Girder?

(I'd need to make sure I could get it in Australia, as I don't really feel like DIY'ing a whole alarm)

On another forum page listing TreeScript DUI numbers, I see a "DSC PowerSeries Security Panel" listed. Has anyone integrated a DSC panel?

Cheers

Kane