Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plug-in development suggestion

Default Plug-in development suggestion

Hey,
    I'm someone who likes girder alot and thinks all other remote control applications are crap. But unfortunately for me i can't use girder. I already have two infrared devices connected to my PC. One labelled a "USB Human interface device"(sony infrared RECIEVER) and the other a plain "IRDA-Adapter". according to what i've read around, girder does not support the irda-adapters.
    The USB-HID came with my sony tv card. I'm thnking if a plug-in like that can be created, that allows girder learn from HIDs. Kinda like the one uICE just released.
    http://www.mediatexx.com/download/ ---->Bottom of Page.

Adecold

A HID driver is on our list of to do's but most of our efforts are currently on G4.

The 'core' mechanisms GKIR-XP uses support HID devices (though the plugin does not). I don't have any non-kb/mouse HID devices though, so I can't really do anything I can give it a try though (note that it would only work under XP)
    Delphi Guru - That\'s TreeSmurf in English - the tree-hugging hippy smurf
    Building his own HTPC software - none of the other ones fit my needs :)
    MP3 player (w/r.gain) finished - Movie player to go!

Are you using...

http://www.soft-gems.net/Controls.php

Just curious as to what you think the possibilities of doing a generic type HID plugin?

Mike c: No i'm not using that

Bloomsurf: Ok i'll try that tonight and see if it works

All: Is it possible for me to use girder with any of the two ir devices i have. I use a sony vaio giga pocket remote control(coupled with a USB-HID Infrared RECIEVER) that came with the pc. I've been searching the web but i can't find information on the frequency of the remote.

Adecold

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    Are you using...

http://www.soft-gems.net/Controls.php

Just curious as to what you think the possibilities of doing a generic type HID plugin?
    Mike C, if you're talking to me:

I don't use anything I haven't made myself, save for Delphi and Marcel van Brakel's [Team Jedi] latest Win32 API header translations (C ===> Delphi).

I can read raw device (mouse/keyboard/HID) data myself though, be it under XP only. If that component you are linking to can do it under something else than XP, it's using direct USB-HID access. I can do that as well (theoretically - as in, I know which functions to call), but as I've mentioned before, I don't have any USB-HID devices, so I could never know if it works or not (as in, I don't know if I called those functions correctly).

But, if Adecold is using XP, I could adapt GKIR-XP to be able to use USB-HID devices as well. Currently, from the raw input data GKIR-XP gets, I simply take those that are labelled 'keyboard', other possibilities are 'mouse' and 'HID'. Since GKIR-XP was built for streaming sequences originally, I believe I can adapt it for generic USB-HID devices under XP, quite easily. This would ofcourse also involve some testing by Adecold if he's willing :-)

As for generic plugin, I could give it a try, but as long as I don't have a USB-HID device, I can't do much about it :-)

Adecold
    GKIR-XP currently won't do anything for you, it would require adaptation to HID. I only said I can probably easily adapt it to use HID as well as keyboard, since this is only a flag change in the current source code as far as I've investigated it.

Yeah!... I'm game for testing

I'm willing to test it. But i'm not really into programing..at all.

PS. The plugin should have a way of leaving the device open to other application so i can use it for my tv card.

Adecold

That's allright, I'll do the programming part, if I can. First I got a few questions:

- Are you running XP ? (just to be sure)
    - This TV card use for your remote, does the PC only respond to your remote when the TV program is running?
    - Can I contact you by mail or a more 'direct' way? (private message me your email / MSN-or-other-messenger name if so)

I'll also warn you, I'm pretty busy right now so it might take a few weeks to get it really working perfectly. I'm having exams (I'm merely a student) until the 19th of May so I don't have loads of time, but until that time I'll see what I can do

Hey,
    >>I'm running windows xp pro sp1
    >>There is a program always running in the backround call usbsircs.exe that monitors for ir signals from the USB-HID(does not recognize signals from my irda adapter). There are two buttons on the remote that starts some application; the tv software & DVD player. The rest of the buttons only works when either of the two applications/processes are open.

So what i'm thinking is to configure girder to disable itself when those two processes(buttons) start and resume when they are ended. Those two buttons won't be assingned actions in girder.

>> I'll PM it to you

Adecold

PS. i'm also a student doing exams till the 15th

I've added you to my MSN list and I'll mail you when necessary. As for disabling Girder when those two programs are running, you'll have to fight with Girder itself to do that, I will not put that in the plugin. As for how to do that, I don't have a clue, I haven't used Girder very much yet, I just build things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast