Thread: OSD confusion

Using 3.0.21 and 3.0.22pre1 -

I'm able to ShowOSD, StartOSDDraw, draw text on the OSD window and StopOSDDraw. However, the behavior is not what I expected.

The dc returned from StartOSDDraw doesn't seem to have the background color or text color set to the "OSD defaults" (green on black). Also, the OSD font doesn't appear to have been selected into the dc so all my text is in the default font and black on white.

I expected to need to find the size of the window associated with the hwnd and drawtext into that rectangle. Am I expecting the wrong things from these helper functions or have I done something stupid again?

Thanks.

The OSD function don't select anything in to the dc, you are supposed to handle that in the plugin.

The StartOSDdraw function provides the
    handle and the DC, nothing more nothing less

So you'll need to find the window size your
    self as well

Okay i'm a lazy programmer

-Ron

You, lazy? NO WAY! You build way too much useful code to be classified as lazy. I just read too much into the statement in the action plug-in doc about the built in OSD making life really easy. Armed with my new understanding, I have a few more questions.

Getting the window size is easy. From emperical evidence, the border "keep-out zone" appears to be 5 pixels wide. Is this right? Or should I leave 10 pixels on each edge?

The colors are easy enough to do. The border color will remain green, right? This won't be selectable by the user in the future? Along with OSD font color?

For the OSD font information, is it OK if I pull it directly out of the Girder registry entries? (CURRENT_USERSoftwareGirder3FontName, CURRENT_USERSoftwareGirder3FontSize) Or will those keys change?

Sorry I ask so many questions. I just don't want to break anything.