Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the NetRemote forum

Default Welcome to the NetRemote forum

Howdy folks. The new NetRemote forum is now available.

Hopefully we continue to use the avsforum area so that new users can see what we're doing, but this will make it a -lot- easier to keep track of questions, features, etc.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks, Ben! This was really something I have been looking forward to! Could you please get the cool icon from the AVS forum, if possible?
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Which cool icon do you mean?

The one that's on the end of all my posts in AVS. It comes when you write : cool : (without the spaces). It's sort of my own little trademark.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software

Hi -

Just checking in. I think that having a broader thread based forum should eliminate a lot of the problems people have finding specific information.

-Dave

Dave,

I agree. If this site has the stability and bandwidth, it is the ideal location for a permanent home.

Ben?
    Mike H
    (Gadgetaddict)

Tor, you should now have the correct cool now.

It's slightly pale compared to the others, but oh well.

Mike, sounds good. I have the stability and bandwidth, so if everyone's cool, this will be the spot.

I just didn't want all you guys to have to belong to 10 or more message boards, so I thought combining with Girder would be helpful.

Here we are, though. Welcome!

Thanks a lot, Ben! But I have to say that I like having separate boards, it keeps the subjects more apart. Another thing: Is it possible to customize the e-mail that tells me about replies? I've got an SMS service sending me a warning whenever I get an e-mail, but it only sends me the first two lines or so, so I only get the "somebody replied to" part. I like the AVS Forum style, where the thread name and the user name of the replier is at the very top of the e-mail. Then I know what to check right away and what can wait 'till we have finished dinner...

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff
    Another thing: Is it possible to customize the e-mail that tells me about replies? I like the AVS Forum style, where the thread name and the user name of the replier is at the very top of the e-mail. Then I know what to check right away and what can wait 'till we have finished dinner...
    Done. Hope this is more to your liking.

Tank you very much, Ben! I could immedeatly see that you had posted to this thread on my cellphone! 8)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast