Thread: Configuring hard buttons for Delta 410

Default Configuring hard buttons for Delta 410

Great to have our own board. Havn't been around in a while but have been using NetRemote almost daily since I got up and running with the help of many on AVS forum and those who have migrated here. My main use has always been able to navigate my music library from my listening position without having to use a keyboard and monitor. NetRemote along with Media Center has allowed me to do that.

Presently I am using the 7.1 analog outputs of the Delta 410 straight into my amp. The only way to handle volume and mute is through the delta control panel applet. I found a gml file on the girder forums that handles many of the controls of the applet including volume and mute. These are mapped to the up/down arrows and space bar on the keyboard.

Can these be mapped to the hard buttons on the PPC? Can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Gregg

I'd like to take a look at that .gml file, assuming that control panel is that same for my 2496.

But I have an answer for you:

Choose menu option File/Configure

Now click "Configure Hotkeys". It will show you a pronto hard button (Left/Right/Far Left/etc.) Hit the button on the PPC you want "linked" to that hard button. When you're done, either hit the x, or "tap" the dialog for all buttons you don't want to link.

Now, go into the pronto editor, and setup the hard key to have a Girder action linked to the .gml file.

I hope that's clear. If not, let me know and I'll elaborate.

Thanks Ben, I'll give that a try. I'll send you the gml file.

Thanks
    Gregg

Let me know how it works out, Gregg.

Default Got it working!

Ben, being totally new to working with Girder and ProntoEdit, this took a little time. I actually used the latest version of tonto for editing the ccf.

I did it somewhat different than what you suggested. Since I had the sample ccf from ver .95, I was able to find out what netremote was already configured to send for Vol+, Vol-, and mute. I then opened the Delta gml and "learned" a new event for the volume controls, entering the data NetRemote would send.

I had v .96 on my PPC but had trouble configuring the hard key assignments. After entering the key for Vol- it would not ask for Vol+. What ended up was I would press "right" on the d-pad and the volume would increase along with advancing the track. Or one press on volume down would decrease a step and then jump back.

Thinking this would be a good time to upgrade to the latest release, I had to uninstall .974 as it would crash everytime I tried to run it. I ended up putting .95 back in as the d-pad was not configurable but I recalled the track < > buttons worked fine and thought the volume was mapped to up/down.

As a result, I now have volume adjustment and mute functionality. I do not even need the delta applet in the foreground, only minimized on the task bar. I have it set so the applet launches when Girder starts.

Thanks again for all your help and work on this great program.

Gregg

DocG, what seemed to be them problem with 0.974? Did it not run at all? If you cleared out the basic Registry settings (OpenedFile and SkinFile) would it work properly?

Ben,
    Doh, the registry entries were the ticket. Took 'em out and we're in business. Keys mapped fine. Were you able to get the center push on the d-pad on the Axim to map to anything? I wanted it for mute but no go.

Thanks again for your continued assistance, neighbor!

Gregg