Thread: Fast change button request

Default Fast change button request

I would like to be able to use my netremote on multiple systems on the fly. If there was a way to do this without manually entering the IP address of the system that I wanted to control. Do you think that it could be done?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I'm not quite sure what you mean. You have one NetRemote client to connect to multiple servers? Or one server with multiple clients?

If it's the former (one client, multi servers), the plumbing is in to allow multiple copies of drivers, so you could have multiple Girder servers, and each panel could control a different instance.

Is that what you mean?
    -Ben

Or another ugly solution would be to have one Girder instance proxy internet events to another server.

Gavin

It would be one client and multiple servers, so that you could select which server you want to connet to on the fly.

Jim

Does it need to be on the fly, or can it be preconfigured for multiple servers, and you pick one by going to a different panel?

That would be fine, anything is better then having to change IP and remembering which one you have it set up for.

I will probably would have to learn Tonto so that I could "custom name them", but that should not be that difficult to learn.

Thanks,

Jim