Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0.975 Available

Default 0.975 Available

Howdy folks.

I'm going to post here first so that you guys can get an early look, and then I'll point the homepage at them and post a new thread at AVSForum tomorrow.

0.975 Available

PPC2002
    Win32
    MIPS
    SH3
    ARM
    New WebRemote for Media Jukebox/Center

You -should- remove all .dll files (drivers) before copying the new files over, as driver names have changed from [Driver].dll to nr_[Driver].dll.

Windows Version
    * Supports windows greater than 240x320. Your skin will need the following at the top of the file for non default 240x320.
    [Master]
    Window=[x res],[y res]

All Versions
    * Supports ccfs of any resolution. Obviously PocketPC's will only display a 240x320 window of that ccf.
    * Supports 24/32 bit images.
    * TCP/IP drivers default to 10 seconds (10000 millis) Bug fix
    * "Active" images show upon first mouse (stylus) down, instead of after first event fired. Bug fix
    * Fix Media Jukebox lack of comments not showing correct info during feedback Bug fix
    * Fix Media Jukebox playlist empty bombing Media Jukebox Bug fix (in WebRemote)
    * If skin doesn't exist, it will prompt for new skin file Bug fix

I think that's about it. Jon Rhees and I are working on UIRT support, Stewart and I are talking about new Tonto/NetRemote features. I'm considering approaching the Total Remote guys again to see if the more custom NetRemote (skins / custom ccf) is enough to let me license their technology. More stability issues.

Ben,

I tried and failed. I have not tried skinning before tonight, so pardon the ignorance. I took the standard skin that comes with NR and put the following at the top:

Code:
    [Master] 
    Window=640,480
    I also created a 640x480 CCF in Tonto, but when I set the interface skin and CCF to the newly created files, it still showed up as 240x320 (using Win32). Do I need to create a complete new skin file?

Thanks,
    Zak

Did you restart NetRemote? This one definately requires a restart.

Yes, several times!

Default crashed on me

since my system is untainted by previous copies, I am definitely running it for the first time. the program is in "\Program Files\NetRemote". the skin is in "\My Documents\NetRemoteSkin\" and the ccf is directly under "\My Documents\". When I select the INI, I get a "Fatal Application Error" with:

Exception: 0xc0000005
    Address: 01fc2dd8

all subsequent runs get this immediately.

Default Re: crashed on me

Quote Originally Posted by mrallen
    since my system is untainted by previous copies, I am definitely running it for the first time. the program is in "\Program Files\NetRemote". the skin is in "\My Documents\NetRemoteSkin\" and the ccf is directly under "\My Documents\". When I select the INI, I get a "Fatal Application Error" with:

Exception: 0xc0000005
    Address: 01fc2dd8

all subsequent runs get this immediately.
    Stewart,

If you are running PPC, copy the contents of the skin folder to the \my documents\ folder. This should fix the problem.

-Dave

actually, I'm an idiot. it was a "typo" in the .ini file. I used "240x320" instead of "240,320". everything is working just groovy right now. thanks.

Default IMPORTANT

IMPORTANT

For anyone playing with Tonto 1.42 and NetRemote 0.975, I messed up a setting for IR encoding. That means your events will *not* work. If you absolutely must play with this before I have a chance to fix Tonto, please do the following:

1) back up your existing CCF in it's current state and
    2) prefix the IR codes with "0000 0000 0000 "
    3) CCF's saved under 1.42 will have corrupted IR codes.

This will be fixed in 1.421 which I plan to post in the next couple of hours. If you have net updates turned on in Tonto, it will find it automatically and notify you.

Zak - Make sure you're running the new version. I just downloaded the new version to my office computer, added

[Master]
    Window=640,480

And ran it and it functioned as expected. You do not need to create a new skin file. Verify that you are running the new version, though, as I suspect that you might be (accidently) running an older version.

Stewart - Are you saying learned IR is messed up, or all IR including RC5x codes? Media Jukebox and Girder control still work for me, but I have not tested IR to NRIRServ.

1.42 will truncate the first three byte pairs from *any* IR code because it is confused about the CCF capabilities. 1.421 should fix this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast