Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0.975 Available

I definitely have the correct version - it works with some skin INI files but not others. I have two identical skin files named skin1.ini and skin1VGA.ini. The former works (640x480 window) but the latter does not.

The only difference is that skin1VGA.ini is a copy of skin1.ini, whereas in your last post you indicated that you *added* the [Master] section to the existing file. When I added the [Master] section to the original file it worked perfectly. I can email the files to you if you want to double check.

Thanks for your help!

-Zak

Quote Originally Posted by z.mash
    I can email the files to you if you want to double check.
    Would you? That would be great.

Wicked -

I created a quick test CCF last night. PNG-24 images work, but transparency is not working yet. Is alpha transparency not supported in this release, or is it my system?

-Dave

Transparency is not yet supported in NetRemote.

Quote Originally Posted by mrallen
    Transparency is not yet supported in NetRemote.
    Not supported! What the hell do we pay this Ewok guy for! Oh wait...

That's what I suspected, but I wasn't sure if 0.975 included alpha support or not.

-Dave

When you guys get this all figured out, could you do a step-by-step "Skinning 101" for those of us who would love to use higher res images, but haven't a clue how to begin? :roll: I'm assuming that we need to create all new images with some sort of graphics program? (this is obviously fodder for a brand new thread..... :? )
    Mike H
    (Gadgetaddict)

Quote Originally Posted by mihooper
    When you guys get this all figured out, could you do a step-by-step "Skinning 101" for those of us who would love to use higher res images, but haven't a clue how to begin? :roll: I'm assuming that we need to create all new images with some sort of graphics program? (this is obviously fodder for a brand new thread..... :? )
    At a basic level, you would just need to save the graphics in a different format (.PNG) before you can use them. PNG is fairly common. Note that PNG format supports alpha transparency (true transparency via a separate alpha channel, rather than the bogus pallete based transparency used by BMP and GIF files). The alpha side of the equasion is not yet supported, so you may want to wait a release or two before jumping in.

Edit: You can also use JPEG and .GIF files too, although you are still limited to the max 256 GIF colour palette

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by brohebus
    Not supported! What the hell do we pay this Ewok guy for! Oh wait...

That's what I suspected, but I wasn't sure if 0.975 included alpha support or not.
    Haha.

Unfortunately true alpha support will require me taking over all the rendering, something which I -definately- want to do, but need to take care of some of the other priorities first.

I would say this is at least 30 days out still. Sorry!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12