Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running without INI

Default Running without INI

I would like the ability to not have statically defined locations for home/device/macro/hard-buttons, etc and instead rely on specially marked buttons and frames in the CCF. Now that we can use the entire screen, we can also dispense with some of the other unpleasant constraints of CCF's.

Default Re: Running without INI

Quote Originally Posted by mrallen
    I would like the ability to not have statically defined locations for home/device/macro/hard-buttons, etc and instead rely on specially marked buttons and frames in the CCF. Now that we can use the entire screen, we can also dispense with some of the other unpleasant constraints of CCF's.
    I second that.

Speaking of hardbuttons...

1. Is it possible to have a per device hardbutton assignments that override the current per device hardbuttons?

2. A method to label hardbuttons outside of the current far Left, Far Right, Left, Right ones?

-Dave

1. You can do device-specific hard buttons, just not panel-specific. Tonto supports this (because the CCF does).

2. What did you have in mind? The CCF has a location for setting a text description of each hard button which Tonto supports.

Quote Originally Posted by mrallen
    1. You can do device-specific hard buttons, just not panel-specific. Tonto supports this (because the CCF does).
    Yes. I'm just thinking that there are cases where I would like to assign different commands to hardbuttons on different panels within a device. If it is a limitation of the CCF format, then I'll have to live with it or continue with my current workarounds.

2. What did you have in mind? The CCF has a location for setting a text description of each hard button which Tonto supports.
    You can only assign labels to the far-left, left, far-right, right buttons which have definable functions on a real Pronto Pro. However, on NetRemote, I have to use the 9200 CCFs since I can then assign commands to the D-Pad etc. which is not present on the ProntoPro Unfortunately, the 9200 CCF only allows you to label the left and right buttons, meaning that the other 2 PPC hardbuttons can't be labeled. While you could hard-label them with a skin, this doesn't give you as much flexibility

-Dave

CCF's don't support per-panel hard keys. It would be very hard to modify the structure to allow this.

But on the button naming issue, I have a lot of flexibility. At the moment, the 'custom' CCF mode in Tonto is pattered after the TSU6000 which allows naming of all four hard buttons at the bottom. However, I just noticed that this drops some important keys like the arrow keys.

Ben... email me a list of keys to include in the 'custom' mode. This will likely be different from both the TSU6000 and RC9200.

I'll email you a list, but that is an outstanding question, as I'm not sure how many "hard buttons" are possible on the PPC.

Assuming four, plus nav, plus nav select, I think you'd want ...

Far Left
    Left
    Right
    Far Right

Nav.Left
    Nav.Right
    Nav.Up
    Nav.Down
    Nav.Select

What do you guys think?

Also, regarding no skin -> I think you can drop the whole skin thing if you plan on using the full 240x320 panel. Then you can make it look however you'd like. On the Win32 side, there is a driver (NRBasic) which has buttons for "About","Config","Exit","Toggle Fullscreen" as well as (disabled right now) "Go Home","Go Device","Go Macro"

When I compile this for PPC, will this suffice, do you think? Or do we need a special way of handling a "device template" or something?

Don't forget the "Record" button. Makes a great power on/off on my iPAQ!!
    Gavin

Yes I think the skin thing should go. We need a standard (or several standard) canvas sizes. If we add skining, it just adds to the number of possible resolution. It would make it very hard to produce premade panels.

For people who like the skins, it would probably be better to have some CCF templates.

Gavin

So we would just have static buttons for home, exit, device,etc. (as opposed to the icons changing depending on which button in the skin that you press)?

I can't think of any problems, and it would definitely make configuration more simple.

the size of the panel is now encoded in the CCF (with 'custom' types) so that's redundant anyway.

about 'custom' ccf types in Tonto... this is relatively new and may be changing slightly for the next release. please don't do a lot of conversions to take advantage of it until the dust settles. please treat this version and perhaps the next as testbeds for the functionality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast