Thread: Minimum hardware reqs for Win32

Default Minimum hardware reqs for Win32

I'm thinking of getting a Fujitsu Point 510 to use as my remote, but I am worried about the processing power. Will this be sufficient to run NR Win32?

AMD 100 processor
    8MB on board RAM (upgraded to 32MB)
    2.1GB Hard Drive
    PCMCIA Slot
    10.4" DSTN Display (256 color SVGA)

-Zak

I'm going to roll the dice on this and see what happens. It's cheap enough that I can use it as a picture frame if worse comes to worst.

Zak

Sorry I didn't respond, Z.

I'm not sure what the min req's would be. I would guess you'd be able to run it halfway decently. If not, I know Phat Phreddy and others have used them to VNC into the computer that is actually running the software. This would only require that I fix the issue with not seeing NetRemote via VNC (which I believe Gavin is correct in suggesting that it's because of the alpha 2000/XP support).

Does anyone use the interface Alpha Transparency support? It is cool - but I've never found it helpfull. I think it also causes NetRemote to flicker when I bring up Pronto or ZoomPlayer.

Gavin

No - I didn't even realize what it was until 5 minutes ago! I notice flickering as well sometimes. I vote to ditch it, unless there is a purpose I am unaware of.

Zak

Does anybody use it?

Maybe if it's set to 255 I will -completely disable- the ability to do it. If you set it below 255, it will require a restart.

How does that sound?

It is kind of helpful if you also set it to "always on top". Now you can have a partially transparent always visible NetRemote in the corner of your display.

Wow! Instance Win32 performance boost! Amazing!

Fullscreen mode is now super fast! Neato!

For some reason having it marked as a "layered window" brought performance to a crawl in fullscreen mode.

I (personally) don't have any use for alpha transparency, I can see how some people might. This seems like the best solution.

BTW, I'm working on a VGA/SVGA CCF w/ MJ and LDJ support. When I get it to a reasonable working point, I will post it somewhere.

-Zak

Quote Originally Posted by z.mash
    BTW, I'm working on a VGA/SVGA CCF w/ MJ and LDJ support. When I get it to a reasonable working point, I will post it somewhere.
    Great. Looking forward to it!