Thread: Possible LDJ users - what is your DVD player of choice?

Default Possible LDJ users - what is your DVD player of choice?

Please no evangelism :wink: - I just want to get an idea of what should be supported first. Which PC player, or is hardware IR more important?

Gavin

I vote for PowerDVD only b/c it was *extremely* easy to setup and I haven't gotten around to ZP yet. I imagine after I get the remote setup I will switch to ZP.

Can you make this configurable by the end user (via parameter)?

-Zak

The plan is to have multiple groups of commands - you just enable the ones you want. I just want to get an idea of which order to work on them. I have ZP - so that is nearly done. I also have the DVD Changer framework. I guess PowerDVD may be next.

Quote Originally Posted by brockgr
    The plan is to have multiple groups of commands - you just enable the ones you want. I just want to get an idea of which order to work on them. I have ZP - so that is nearly done. I also have the DVD Changer framework. I guess PowerDVD may be next.
    LDJ??

-Dave

Carl asked this too --> here
    Gavin

Sorry PowerDVD users, but I have wasted a couple of hours trying to get it to play a ripped DVD from the command line - no luck. No docs and no good web resources either.

WinDVD seems to be no more helpful.

I going to remove them from LDJ again, unless someone can send me a Girder GML or DOS Batch file that will cause them to play a file on demand.

Bah, humbug :evil:

Gavin

Default How 'bout the Sony DVD changer?

I hope that is going to be fairly easy to do. Just to mention (sure you already know this) but we need to have the ability to put in delays between numbers that you send that are the same, so that the device knows that the first number transmission has ended.

For instance, the sequence goes like this:

"Before DVD numbers event" <--- which can be multiple events
    DVD number 1
    delay .2 secs
    DVD number 1
    delay .2 secs
    DVD number 1
    "After DVD numbers event" <--- which can be multiple events

would be the command to play the disk in slot 111.

Also, I was looking at the DVD Profiler fields, which have a "collection #" which seems to me would do just dandy for the equivalent to "slot number"

It would limit us to one player on the Sony (or other mega changers, but the info would be in the data file automatically, and would be fairly easy to implement.

I was thinking that you could just write a script that read the "collection #" and have it build the IR string for you, including the conditional 'delays'. You could also let the user define a value for the 'delay' in the script so that different players that need different times would be supported. Just a thought.... -Carl
    Carl Chapman - Managing Partner
    CEC Search, LLC
    Executive Restaurant Recruiters | Restaurant Recruiters Blog |
    Restaurant Jobs

Carl,

Great idea. I'll add code to grab collection # if no other information is found in the notes.

As for the delays, I think this is really a Girder IR plugin side thing. I know the UIRT2 plugin has "wait before sending" setting. Otherwise I can probably put it in the code (another option). I just can't remember is LUA has a "wait" command.

As I mentioned I have some of the digit IR code written. I'll release it in the next day or two.

Gavin