Thread: Is anyone having trouble downloading lists for DVD Profiler?

Default Is anyone having trouble downloading lists for DVD Profiler?

Seems like some of the things don't download correctly.... The Online profile list, the alias list, the pricing list....

If you open IE and keep changing pages it does ok.... seems as if the download is going to sleep....

Any one got any ideas? I was about to order the premium....but I don't know now.....
    Carl Chapman - Managing Partner
    CEC Search, LLC
    Executive Restaurant Recruiters | Restaurant Recruiters Blog |
    Restaurant Jobs

Carl,

What do you mean by "downloading lists"? Are you trying to import your SNL*, or is just the standard downloading of DVD details from the internet. I still havn't decided how to handle SNL. I was wondering if it was better just to have a conversion to DVD Profiler tool - the simplest way to get cover art.

I must admit I'm always surprised how slow things are to download on DVD Profiler - I wonder if they are suffering from their own success?

Gavin

*SNL = SuperNudeList - for all those who wern't following the other thread

Gavin... I meant the standard downloading of things that have to be updated when you first install the program. Not doing anything with SNL, yet.

I think I see the advantage of using Girder.... can you pick by genre using the CCF that you made?

How do the Alphabet buttons work? The A-E button.... I probably have 70 DVDs that would fit in that range. How do you get to individual DVDs?
    Carl Chapman - Managing Partner
    CEC Search, LLC
    Executive Restaurant Recruiters | Restaurant Recruiters Blog |
    Restaurant Jobs

Carl,

Yes you can pick genre form the CCF - this is dynamic based on the genres available.

The alphabet buttons are also customisable. The Girder event behind them just takes an index letter. Change the CCF to what you need - no Girder hacking. You could concievably have 26 buttons if you have tiny fingers (or a big screen).

Gavin